Emojis????

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, Sooo many of you have the cutest emojis. Are they available on this site or are you pulling them from your own computer via "upload file" when your posting something??? I'm not very tech savvy, this is actually the first site that I've joined (no facebbok, no twitter, no instagram) I don't even own my own cell phone so I'm not familiar with all the new apps and such. It's just if they are here on this site to use, I can't find them for the life of me! If they are pictures on your own computers, then I guess I'll stick with what I know. semi-colon / right parenthesis ;)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are in the box right above where you type your reply.

upload_2018-8-18_20-0-23.png

It's the little smiley face

They will appear under the text you type in. You can choose which category you are looking for

upload_2018-8-18_20-1-54.png

:wave3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have this box of icons above where I post/reply. :(
All I have is a button, top left, that says "Go to First Unread" and the three buttons. bottom right, "Post Reply", Upload a File" and "More Options". And even if I click on "More Options", the box of icons is still not there.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have "use rich text editor" under the post?

reply.jpg

If you do, then click that.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does this help?
20180819_151110.jpg
Click the smiley face (marked in red) to get the smiley menu :)

20180819_151855.jpg
Click on a smiley to add it to your post:geekcat:
20180819_152333.jpg

I'm using the mobile version of the site here. The desktop version works the same way, but the text and smiley boxes are oblongs rather than almost-squares ;)

Hope that all makes sense :crossfingers:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Click the smiley face (marked in red) to get the smiley menu
I don't have the smiley face, or any of those icons to choose from, anywhere on my page.

Along the top (starting on left), I have the website buttons (home, forums, articles, reviews, gallery, members and search
Along the top right side is my profile link, inbox and alerts.

Where I post or type, top left button is "go to first unread", the middle is where I type, and the bottom right is the "post reply", "upload file" and "more options".

If I go to "more options".....clicking it right now......It takes me to a new page, with the only new options are checking or un-checking "watch this thread" and "e-mail notification", and I also now have a "preview..." button.

That's it! I'm at a loss and feel like a dolt! lol!

Just had a thought, are the emojis even available to newbies??? Maybe it's a reward for being here for a while? IDK, Thanks for all your help anyway.........colon left parenthesis....

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah...I see the problem. You're looking in the wrong place. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to the box you type in when posting or replying to threads. You must have this box, or we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)

I've just taken a screenshot of reply as I'm typing it
Screenshot_20180819-160456_Samsung Internet.jpg
You see the little grey header over the typing box?
20180819_160819.jpg
That's where the smiley button is, as well as formatting tools (similar to the display at the top of the screen in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages word processing programs).

All users have permissions for the formatting tools, so it won't be affected by length of membership.

I hope that helps. You're not being a dolt at all. I was just as confused and a social media 'virgin' when I joined too. It can be very confusing whilst you're still learning the ropes. Ask as many questions as you need to :)

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the thing.....I have the typing box (obviously lol :) ) But there is no header with formatting options.

Screenshot (3).png

Here is a screen shot of what I see, I'm I blind????

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
See the two lines that make up a triangle on the bottom right of the box you type in? Can you click on them?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See the two lines that make up a triangle on the bottom right of the box you type in? Can you click on them?
No. Nothing happens.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it be some sort of security setting on my computer that is not allowing it?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O. Friggin. MG!!!! I figured it out!!!!!. The box in the preference settings was unchecked to allow the use of the formatting stuff!!!! WOOT! :lolup::hyper::yess::hellocomputer::bliss::runaround::doh:

Thanks everyone who helped:thanks: