Known Issue Emojis

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The emojis from my iPhone keyboard are no longer showing up when I put them in a post in a thread. They show up before I post, but not after. Is this permanent?

And yes, I know there are TCS emojis available. I use those too, but am missing a few that I used frequently on my iPhone.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello there Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , can you let me know what iOS version you're using? I'm afraid I cannot change any behavior iOS has but maybe I can help figure out a possible workaround.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
HellaSteph HellaSteph

iOS 8.4

I haven't updated in awhile, but I can if it makes a difference. I would love a workaround if possible!

Thanks!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm disappointed to hear that. :(

Thanks for looking into it.

ETA: Ah, but the support for it on mobile is coming in an updated version - hurray! (According to the link provided above.) Good to know! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I just edited my post above to say that the link you provided indicates it's coming in the 2.0 version, so probably soon!

D

Deleted member 115554

We are still 8 to 10 months away from XF 2.0.

While migrating from huddler, we have used a workaround to copy the "mobile emoji", for new posts it will not work.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is interesting to know. I'll look forward to the XF 2.0 so I can use my iPhone emoji. It's nice you were able to preserve the emoji in posts from the previous platform.

Thank you for this further information, @CvP !

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hitching a ride here.

Understand that emojis from IOS is not working here on this platform. I tried posting from my iPad and iPhone but they don't show up BUT if you take a look at my signature, the injection emoji is from my iPad and it's showing and the hearts at the beginning and end are not showing AND the rub and catguy at January's page is the original emoji from Catsite.

So I'm puzzled why IOS emoji is showing and Catsite emoji is not.

Please take no offend on the capital BUT and AND in the query. It's just to emphasize illustration.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hitching a ride here.

Understand that emojis from IOS is not working here on this platform. I tried posting from my iPad and iPhone but they don't show up BUT if you take a look at my signature, the injection emoji is from my iPad and it's showing and the hearts at the beginning and end are not showing AND the rub and catguy at January's page is the original emoji from Catsite.

So I'm puzzled why IOS emoji is showing and Catsite emoji is not.

Please take no offend on the capital BUT and AND in the query. It's just to emphasize illustration.
I can answer this one. :D They commented above that there was a work around in place transferring IOS emojis during the transfer. As far as the TCS ones, not all of the "codes" are the same on here like :rub: , etc. I've fixed the ones in your sig. :)

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Whoa! That's great! :hyper:

Thank you very much abbysmom ;)

Hope in the near future all emojis can be inter-used :biggrin:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I have a different kind of emoji comment: I can not find my favorite TCS emoji (catguy) It's the smiley face with the cat ears that grow up out of his head? Am I just overlooking it? Another big favorite of mine - "D'oh" guy also seems to be missing. If these are still available, it would be lovely to have them back again. :agree:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh ya, that's the one with the ears growing out of the head. I thought it looked different when the catguy emoji we use to have when it was re-activated.

Yes it's good to have them back and was wondering where else did some of them posted emojis that were not found in Catsite.

Even now emojis from me iPad are not showing up :headscratch:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
This is the guy I'm looking for:
"cat guy" I found him by looking in an old post but don't see him listed as an option among the smilies. May we have him back, please? :please:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think one of the old TCS emojis is missing. It's the "sulking one", the one where the figure pouts and sidles to the right out of view.

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
We lost a lot of the bouncy guys, too. :jump: There used to be a couple of green ones that I used a lot and a whole range of other colors as well. Dancing tigger is gone, too. And D'oh guy.