Emmie has liver failure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your responses and good vibes.

I spoke with the vet today and she said that Emmie responded well to the catheter and IV fluids they administered last night. Today Emms was sitting up and purring which is a huge improvement from yesterday. They are going to put a feeding tube in her today to load her up with calories. The ultra sound did not find any tumors and her blood work came back consistent with Fatty Liver Syndrome. We are not out of the woods yet so keep those vibes coming. Hopefully the vet will find improvement with tomorrows ultra sound.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dicknleah

Thank you everyone for your responses and good vibes.

I spoke with the vet today and she said that Emmie responded well to the catheter and IV fluids they administered last night. Today Emms was sitting up and purring which is a huge improvement from yesterday. They are going to put a feeding tube in her today to load her up with calories. The ultra sound did not find any tumors and her blood work came back consistent with Fatty Liver Syndrome. We are not out of the woods yet so keep those vibes coming. Hopefully the vet will find improvement with tomorrows ultra sound.
i'm glad she's feeling better. that she will continue to improve...

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Sibohan2005. Very interesting read. So...um....I'll be tube feeding her for weeks? Yikes! It'll be worth it all if she pulls through this.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, almost 3 weeks later Emmie went through allot of setbacks and BS...If you know what I mean. Today, she has finally showed her true self, feistyness and all, and she ate some of her own food. She also ripped out the feeding tube. The staff was so use to a sick and sweet kitty that they didn't realize what she really is. Feisty and a go-getter. I can't wait to get her home.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Hopfully she continues to improve! Sounds like she's doing pretty well right now eating on her own (If even a little) and pulling the tube out! Did they have to put the tube back in??? Keep us posted!! Good to you!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dicknleah

Well, almost 3 weeks later Emmie went through allot of setbacks and BS...If you know what I mean. Today, she has finally showed her true self, feistyness and all, and she ate some of her own food. She also ripped out the feeding tube. The staff was so use to a sick and sweet kitty that they didn't realize what she really is. Feisty and a go-getter. I can't wait to get her home.
glad to hear she's feeling more like herself!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Emmie is my prayers!
...please my friend, keep us updated about her...

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A nother updade. We went to visit Emms today and she is READY to get out of the hospital. We showed up just in time for her excersise time and she is definately showing cabin fever. She wanted out to explore the entire builiding. The doctors are going to limit her feeding by tube starting Monday to get her to eat more on her own. Then she can come home. It has been a long 3 weeks for her and us. My girl nearly died 2 times during this period and also set us back by vomiting constantly. She's done with that and now it
s time to bring her home.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3 long weeks!! OMG I can't even imagine how much that cost you but its so worth it if she's feeling better!! Im so glad to hear that she might be getting out sometime soon!! YAY!!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to hear that she is doing so much better. Many that her recovery continues to go well.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for Emmy. Feline Fatty Liver Syndrome is treatable although it is a fight. Just give her lots of encouragement, love and support. Was she excessive overweight at some point? Was there a sudden change in her appetite before her becoming ill?

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Emmie was not obese, atleast the vet didn't think so. Her sister is much more fluffier but I think it's the fur deception. As far as not eating, since they all share the same feeder it was impossible for me to tell whether she was eating or not. I just assumed they were all eating normally. Things will change from here on out and I will make sure that I witness all of them eating their fair share. Emmie will have her own food dish so I can monitor her more closely for the rest of her life. To this day we can not figure out what happened and why it happened as nothing has changed in our household. I'm just thankfull that we get a second chance with Emms and I will never again take the cats for granted. I have spent soo much more time worrying and tending to my five dogs that I just thought that the cats could take care of themselves being that they are inside and under my feet all of the time, you know, causing kitty trouble. I've learned my lesson.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to monitor them all individually - I have the same problem, mostly with Ellie who is too thin and I have to bump her up with extra calories. But I am glad that Emmie is better and that she is coming home at last.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her Bilirubins are down from the initial 34 to 3.3. Normal is .4. Emmie can come home this Saturday if all stays well. Her Anemia is still not good but she's eating, on her own, her full doses of food now which is good.