Emergency

Asherah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats water broke on my bed at around 4:30 and she’s been just licking her area and leaking caginal discharge for the last 4 hours no contra action no type of movement at all should I’ve worried

LLoydE

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how old is your cat. and what colour was the discharge. I would be on the phone for sure with a proffesional

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Asherah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s a year and a half and it’s like clear with a bit of blood

Asherah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how old is your cat. and what colour was the discharge. I would be on the phone for sure with a proffesional
She’s a year and a half and it’s like clear with a bit of blood

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is it going now? Did you got hold of a vet, and what is vet saying?

In cats, it happens water goes off too early, and although its worrying, it DOES happens the delivery comes OK in due time.

During you wait on further happenings / what the vet says, give her calcium rich food. Whatever she takes and you have at home.
Say, shells from hardboilded eggs, crushed into fine powder. Let her lick off your hand, or sprinkle in her food or water.

Too little calcium may cause weak labor...

Be prepared to rush her in.

Asherah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is it going now? Did you got hold of a vet, and what is vet saying?

In cats, it happens water goes off too early, and although its worrying, it DOES happens the delivery comes OK in due time.

During you wait on further happenings / what the vet says, give her calcium rich food. Whatever she takes and you have at home.
Say, shells from hardboilded eggs, crushed into fine powder. Let her lick off your hand, or sprinkle in her food or water.

Too little calcium may cause weak labor...

Be prepared to rush her in.
I got in touch with a vet and she said to just wait since she’s not showing any of the othe labor symptoms so just be patient

Asherah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update my cat gave birth today to 3 kittens today she’s resting now but two of em still have thier placent and umbilical cords in gonna wait 2 hour before I cut them myself. Gonna give her some time to rest

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
sorry, the post disappeared. She seems exhausted, give her some glucose sugar. Perhaps giving a couple of droplets of white caro syrup, on her gum inside of lips. (the same advice for weak kittens). Be sure she is warm and comfy.

When you cut off the umbilical cord, use clean gears, but they dont need to be totally sterilized: mommas teeth arent sterile. You can even use your own nails. A Asherah

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can give the kittens some luke warm water, to drop off your finger, or from a dropper, if momma too tired as yet to let them nurse. Be careful... I hope they can suckle momma soon enough.

Healthy kittens should manage to wait some.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im happy to hear the delivery went OK, although the broken waters. But its possible she got to work harder than usual because of this. OR it may even be so, someone is still inside of her.
So be ready for everything.