Emergency please help me

Rahaf76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My male cat got neutered before 3 days and this is how its look is it normal ? Im so worried
995D48D8-8904-49AA-B7FB-9E000FF37691.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rahaf76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please bring your cat back to the vet. Looks like the incision is open. Don't wait for an answer here please.
its 3am here theres no open vets here and i cant go until the evening . is there any way i could help him at this time ??

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its 3am here theres no open vets here and i cant go until the evening . is there any way i could help him at this time ??
Call your dvm emergency number and tell them the incision is open. They should have a covering emergency dvm office who is open. At the least they should advise you on what to do.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It does look like it might need some attention, but I'm not sure it's an absolute emergency. My vet told me he doesn't suture the incisions for neutering boys because it's such a small cut. Was your boy sent home with a cone? Has he been licking the area? How is he acting otherwise?

ContentEar96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If it is not actively bleeding you should be able to wait until the vet opens, but it is IMPERATIVE that you do not let him lick himself AT ALL. Needs the cone or a recovery vest. My cat preferred the vest(still hated it but could do things like eat and use restroom)

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It should be fine. Most Vets don’t suture the scrotum. It will heal. Looks like he’s been licking a bit but it should all be fine unless he is actively bleeding, which it doesn’t appear to be.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still send the pic to the vet & ask for a followup visit to make sure