Emergency! Found A Lost/escaped Kitten.

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a WONDERFUL story and I love your very entertaining posts! We live in the USA and have 12 indoor cats, 8 of whom came from our yard. We have a friend who does cat rescue, and lets us use her discount at the vets. Maybe you could find a situation like that? The deal is that we pay the vet directly so the rescue doesn't have to bother with the bill.
Just a thought.
Bless you for doing the right thing! Your residents and new girl Sprout are very lucky indeed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your messages! I'll try and answer as many of the questions as possible in one post!
A quick update on Sprout - We're going to give the introductions a go on Tuesday, when we're both home from work (I work late shifts and weekends, my boyfriend works days and weekdays, so finding the right time has been tricky!)
When we do the initial introduction, we're thinking of perhaps relocating her to our spare bedroom during their separation times, as they can communicate through the door then, and she's less segregated from the rest of the house (At the minute, she's very much alone and it breaks my heart).
She's started getting restless and destroying her bed box, which I understand completely. We're giving her as much attention as we can spare and many cuddles, but I can entirely understand why she's getting cabin fever down there. Hopefully once the introductions have been made, that will be remedied!
She's still eating like a little truck, still using the tray like a champ and has decided that her favourite place to be is my boyfriend's shoulder, like a tiny little kitten-parrot. She tried to get on mine, but they're too narrow and she lost her footing.
Still no contact from people, so we're coming to terms now with the likelihood that she was abandoned.
Still exceedingly purry, gives lots of kisses and headbutts, and very, very much loved!

Sadly there seem to be no cheaper options regarding the spaying, but we will find a way no matter what.

Thankfully, Norway is a no-kill country, so she'll be safe no matter what we decide to do.

Philip and Elizabeth have stopped reacting when we smell like Sprout now, so I'm taking that as a positive step towards the introductions!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm late checking back in on this thread but am thrilled beyond words that little Sprout has found such a good home! :rock: :cheerleader: :clap: It doesn't come as a big surprise, mind you. It was obvious from the beginning that you and your boyfriend were already halfway in love with her. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: Here's hoping that Philip and Elizabeth warm up to that little darling as quickly as you did. Okay, I admit, that's pretty unlikely but hopefully they will accept her sooner rather than later into the family, and with minimal discord!

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is a bittersweet day. We found Sprouts people. Apparently she had been missing since late february, and within 10 minutes of the message, she was gone :(.
We're going to miss her to no end, but I'm also so incredibly happy that we found her real home.

..Also, her real name is Shakira.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, that's sad but happy news. I bet her people were overjoyed to see her again.

Thank you so much for taking care of her, she wouldn't have made it without your help.

:rock::thanks:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sorry it happened so quickly, but I'm happy she's back with her family. :catlove:
I hope her people thanked you for rescuing her and taking such good care of her all this time. :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, ten minutes?! That was fast. They must have really missed her and wanted her back. She sounded like a wonderful, loving cat. Thank you for helping her and taking care of her until she found her family! I know it must hurt, but you did the right thing. :redheartpump:

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all! Sadly, as much as I'd love to say it really felt good to give her back, her people didn't seem thankful in the slightest! However, our ill feelings towards that matter have been put aside, as we're just happy in the knowledge that we gave her the best care we could, and did what was best for her!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What made you think that? Sad. I hope they'll take good care of her. But you're right, you did all you could.