Emergency 6 wk old kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Upon closer inspection of the tummy, it does look like yellow pus oozing out. Is it possible for you to get him looked at and get him on an antibiotic? Wound may need cleaning also. Thank you for whatever you can do for Little Foot.
Yes there is definitely pus, I haven't been able to reach them today to find out how Little Foot is. He works 15 hour days and she is 6 months pregnant so its a tough situation. I cannot get him an appt w a Vet until Sep 7th. However I can have antibiotics called in and pick them up in the morning.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have gotten a bit attached to Little Foot. Last night, I was sitting w my legs crossed on the floor and this one kept getting under my leg and trying to fall asleep towards the end of the visit. :redheartpump:

The rest of the time he was all over me. They truly know the ones that want to help them, I believe and reward us with beautiful, unconditional love.

What do you guys think his odds of survival are? I've never dealt with this type of hernia in a kitten.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got home from checking on Little Foot. He has diarrhea and is mildly dehydrated. I have Lactated Ringers on hand but no butterfly needle to administer. :(

During the visit he made no attempt to drink or eat/nurse and was pretty lethargic. I replaced water w Unflavored Pedialyte and was able to get a few syringes of water and KMR down him.

I went ahead and took some of my Samuels Amoxidrops to get him kickstarted on antibiotics. (I would never suggest doing this unless you have a background in animal medicine ie Vet Tech)

I'm still very guarded w his prognosis, but am doing everything I can to help this little one. If things don't improve, of course I will do the humane thing in his best interest. I don't think we're quite at that point yet.

Here's a cpl pics from tonight of Little Foot and his sister, Chey. (Short for Cheyenne)
20210824_213343.jpg
20210825_000326.jpg

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are definitely doing well by Little Foot! Poor baby - he is deserving of so much better, healthwise. I agree with gofundme or, even better, create a PayPal account and/or CashApp, which gives you funds immediately without asking for a tip. Please keep us updated!

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you e-mail some pictures of his hernia to your vet and ask if they can't fit him in earlier than Sept 7th? Maybe they'll have a cancelation, or someone would be willing to stay a little later than usual one evening.
Yes, I sent a video to my Vet and am on list for any cancellations.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are definitely doing well by Little Foot! Poor baby - he is deserving of so much better, healthwise. I agree with gofundme or, even better, create a PayPal account and/or CashApp, which gives you funds immediately without asking for a tip. Please keep us updated!
Yes, I have a TNR non-profit w Venmo and Gofundme. Ive found people that follow my page are wonderful with helping with food and such but are hesitant with donating on a case like this. Which I understand, Little Foot has a long way to go and the odds aren't necessarily in his favor.

I may ask for donations after discussing w my family member.

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Little Foot aka Stripers

My Vet diagnosed him w Urine Scald and continued on Antibiotics, cleaning of the area, etc. Mom cat, Patches, was having nothing to do with him while he was sick. I was syringe feeding while there and noticed the bedroom him and Chey were in only had a large, covered litter box that he could not reach to get into even if he wanted to. Soooo I made him and Chey their own little litter box and cleaned him up on my visits.

All of a sudden, mom starts letting him nurse again and 2 days ago he started eating food on his own!! Yay Little Foot!!

Will be keeping an eye on tummy for possible hernia which we will address when and if the time comes. (Hopefully at spay appt)

My family member has had Covid and fiance has Pneumonia so it's been a tough week. I got the all clear with a negative test yesterday. (I'm also vaccinated, so was hopeful if I did have it would not be as bad as it has been for others.) However, I'm ready to get back to work asap!

Here's a pic of sweet Little Foot

20210903_024632.jpg