Embarrassing/Awful Cat Stories

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Not that this is a contest I want to win but…

I lived in Florida back in the ‘80s, and those stretchy, strapless tube tops were the “in” thing to wear. No bra underneath. A cat loving couple had just moved in, and I invited them over to meet outgoing Sara and skittish Brandy. Sara, as she always did, came right out to greet them, but I had to go find Brandy. I picked her up and carried her into the living room. As soon as she saw the couple, she started to flail around madly trying to get loose and run back to the bedroom. She caught the top of my tube top and dragged it down to my waist. :eek2:

Now there’s a way to make new friends!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a post I did way back in 2019 not long after I joined the site on how my cat really embarrassed me.
Anyway to get to the worst a cat has done to me was: I having my morning shower and the cat suddenly howled at the shower door. I opened the door to see what he wanted and he dropped a very alive mouse into the shower. The mouse was jumping up my legs trying to get out of the hot water, the cat was jumping after the mouse, and I was doing the 4 minute mile in one spot in the shower. When a bit of sanity came back I caught the mouse in a soapbox, and ran to the door and threw him into the yard then realized i was standing stark naked on my porch in the middle of a apartment complex..I did the biggest vanishing act you have ever seen.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have adventures in IBD/lymphoma stories like the time Krista didn't jump to the ground to barf. Instead she decided she would simply barf over the edge from atop the media bench. The blast radius was HUGE! I called that her Cat Gallagher act. Anyone in the front few rows would be in the splash zone. Then there was the time I tried to carry an attempted carpet bomber to the litter box only to turn it into an aerial strafing of my living room. 😿🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy &^%! we have some serious competition for first now from Tobermory Tobermory and Silver Crazy Silver Crazy to go with my and Moka Moka 's similar mishaps! We may have to have a whole hall of infamy if we keep getting more "gems"! Clearly, the web site should feature all of these in a prominent special area!

scarlettleia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine is an ongoing drama. Our boy Percy is a very sweet and loving thing, when he decides to be. Every now and again he decides he REALLY wants a cuddle, and he REALLY enjoys it. Ensue headbutting, purrs, rubbing etc. This sometimes escalates to dribbling. Fine, we can do dribbling, no drama there, happy cat is happy! However we have now learnt that this is when we tell guests to stop. To put him down QUICKLY and walk away. Because Percival, my sweet angelic little cat child, goes one step further. When he's SO HAPPY that he can't contain himself any further, he expresses his anal glands ALL OVER OUR GUESTS.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that this is a contest I want to win but…

I lived in Florida back in the ‘80s, and those stretchy, strapless tube tops were the “in” thing to wear. No bra underneath. A cat loving couple had just moved in, and I invited them over to meet outgoing Sara and skittish Brandy. Sara, as she always did, came right out to greet them, but I had to go find Brandy. I picked her up and carried her into the living room. As soon as she saw the couple, she started to flail around madly trying to get loose and run back to the bedroom. She caught the top of my tube top and dragged it down to my waist. :eek2:

I think we may have a winner! Lol
Mine is an ongoing drama. Our boy Percy is a very sweet and loving thing, when he decides to be. Every now and again he decides he REALLY wants a cuddle, and he REALLY enjoys it. Ensue headbutting, purrs, rubbing etc. This sometimes escalates to dribbling. Fine, we can do dribbling, no drama there, happy cat is happy! However we have now learnt that this is when we tell guests to stop. To put him down QUICKLY and walk away. Because Percival, my sweet angelic little cat child, goes one step further. When he's SO HAPPY that he can't contain himself any further, he expresses his anal glands ALL OVER OUR GUESTS.
Wow another great entry! Lol. Maybe this should be a formal contest with pictures (kidding)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe this one doesn't fit, but I saw a cat throw up today. Dry food, like a half roll of dimes. Went right to get a paper towel. Maybe stopped to talk to wife for 5 seconds. Got back, it was *entirely* gone and the second cat was licking its lips! Food dish was full.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe this one doesn't fit, but I saw a cat throw up today. Dry food, like a half roll of dimes. Went right to get a paper towel. Maybe stopped to talk to wife for 5 seconds. Got back, it was *entirely* gone and the second cat was licking its lips! Food dish was full.
Mine clean up after one vomits, too.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Once I had to quickly push my male cat off me when he was lying on my torso because vomiting on my face was imminent.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lived in Florida back in the ‘80s, and those stretchy, strapless tube tops were the “in” thing to wear. No bra underneath. A cat loving couple had just moved in, and I invited them over to meet outgoing Sara and skittish Brandy. Sara, as she always did, came right out to greet them, but I had to go find Brandy. I picked her up and carried her into the living room. As soon as she saw the couple, she started to flail around madly trying to get loose and run back to the bedroom. She caught the top of my tube top and dragged it down to my waist.

Nobody can top that one.

Well, maybe Silver Crazy did if anyone saw him/her naked.

Last edited:

Lazy Orange House Cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Montgomery, Montgomery. Loved beyond all reason...
Where do I start? I have to explain that he's a little different. He has EPI, IBD and SID. He was also assembled incorrectly. Before we figured out how to get his trapped gas under control, it used to build up in his small intestine and then he'd screech like someone was killing him. He did this once on an extremely full bus and scared the hell out of everyone.
He hates the veterinarian. She needed to take urine. There was no way he was going to be restrained for that. He needed an X-Ray. He climbed her, then urinated all over the X-Ray table. She needed to look in his mouth. He screamed in her face. Urinated on the front desk.
Tried to beat up the neighbour's hound through a glass door. He won. Dog never looked at him again. Dog was fifty pounds or so. Montgomery has yet to crack seven.
Walked all the way to work with him before realizing that he'd delicately draped a hairball over the side of his stroller.
This is the tip of the ice berg...

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Prize if you can beat this one:

My cat Pip likes to sit behind me on the chair when I'm working. She is sweet and likes being around people, but is just genetically a tad skittish, and that is the spot she likes. I'll tolerate it for a bit sometimes, and pet her behind my back without looking. Today, I felt what I was sure was a scab. I felt around a bit, trying to feel the issue. Then I turned around and realized I was fingering her *ss. Not a happy moment!
I just startled Honeybunny cuddled up next to me from laughing so hard :lol:

Im sorry dude but thats fricking hilarious. And how YOU felt? Imagine how Pip felt?! ".... what....is my hoomin.... doing to my butt?! :oops::jawdrop: