Elderly cat with odd feces

catz24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty Sabrina is over 20 years old and seems to be declining. She was extra sleepy for a couple of days but perked up and was very hungry. I noticed yesterday that she pooped on her cat tree (where she usually hangs out and perches) and her stool was grey, smooth like sculpting clay and smells terrible. She has been frail for a while now, but was still interactive with the family. Now, not so much. I don't know if it's "time". If she is not well, I don't want to be selfish and keep her going because I will miss her. She deserves her dignity.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sabrina should be checked out by a vet. That would include a full geriatric physical exam, which generally includes CBC, Super Chemistry, T-4 blood work and a urinalysis and fecal testing.

The dignity somewhat lies in giving her the chance to survive with additional care, and she how she responds to it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sabrina should be checked out by a vet. That would include a full geriatric physical exam, which generally includes CBC, Super Chemistry, T-4 blood work and a urinalysis and fecal testing.The dignity somewhat lies in giving her the chance to survive with additional care, and she how she responds to it.
:yeah: I completely agree. Bloodwork and a senior exam will help give you the direction you are looking for. That being said, I thought this TCS Article might have some helpful information for you: What To Expect As Your Cat Ages - TheCatSite

And please keep us posted on your dear cat, Sabrina. Sending special thoughts to both of you. :vibes::vibes::vibes: