Egyptian Mau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are u a License breeder
I don't breed Egyptian Maus, but I am familiar with the breed and its standard. I have friends who work with this breed, and I see them at shows I attend with my cats... there were two Egyptian Maus at the show I attended last weekend.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
why dose he have ill the Characteristics of a Egyptian Mau he has the long back let the M and the beddle mrak the chiping sounds and he bites for no reason. His ear are more on top of the head

Last edited by a moderator:

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And the belly flap

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And the belly flap
This website has a good explanation of the primordial pouch or belly flap, The Primoridal Pourch - Valley Cats Inc but it is found fairly commonly across domestic cats and even wild cats.

Roughly half of my cats have had one; none of been purebred anything or even tabby. Of our current crew of three cats we have one with a very prominent one, one with a tiny one and one without the pouch. Links pouch is so big it will flap up and hit his side when he runs. :spew:

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Why dose he have oceli on the back of the ears that only on wild cats
My purebred Napoleon (definitely no Egyptian Mau) who's also a tabby (though classic rather than spotted) has ears that look like that.

I had tabby and he don’t ack like a tabby
Tabby is a pattern and has absolutely no correlation to personality. Tabbies can have a variety of different personalities and come up in many different breeds as well as moggies.

why dose he have ill the Characteristics of a Egyptian Mau he has the long back let the M and the beddle mrak the chiping sounds and he bites for no reason. His ear are more on top of the head

[/QUOTE]

He, in fact, does not have all the traits of an Egyptian Mau. Maus, for example, don't have white feet like your cat.

Most, if not nearly all, traits found in purebred cats can be found in mix breeds because the purebreds derived from the moggies. Just because your cat shares traits with a breed doesn't mean it is that breed. I have two cats that chirp, one being the Napoleon mentioned before and the other being a tortoiseshell moggie. I know neither of them have Egyptian Mau influence. The Napoleon is a purebred and the moggie's mother was a mostly black cat and her father was an orange tabby. Yet the moggie relies on chirps and trills as much, if not more, than actual meows.

No cat bites "for no reason," but plenty of cats bite for rather little reason. My Napoleon gives love bites, bites if overstimulated, and also bites if you touch the wrong place on his body, which is most of it. When a breed standard says "this breed behaves in this way" it means that that breed is known for that behavior, not that it can't exist in any other cat or breed of cat. In fact, it doesn't even mean that every cat of one breed will behave in that way because every cat, even cats of the same breed, are individuals.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise

I’ve yet to see someone so adamantly want their cat to be a breed when 5+ different people are telling them they are not.

Any reason you ‘want’ them to be an Egyptian Mau?

I see a handsome cat, that’s all there is to it.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a couple examples of spotted tabbies, one of which looks just like yours!
It is possible she's a mixed Egyptian mau. They do have the dark dorsa(stripe) on their back but it doesn't look like he has spots and stripes? From the Persian family so small mouth smooth tough eyes change color. I think my cat may be one.she has all the traits. I've seen her do a full 360 and she jumps strait up and down on her hind legs. Also weird meow. Brown and white with spots and stripes. Eyes change color also her fur is light brown underneath.
received_2028323890730798.jpeg
2017-01-05 001 001 - Copy (2).JPG

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
And yes,it doesn't matter,sweetest cat ever. I did not even think about it until someone mentioned it by seeing a pic of her and her kittens. The top 2 pics are her

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tabby don’t have the Egyptian mua beddle mrak

Abbycover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5637F136-6428-4DCA-984C-E83CE0E3D12B.png