Egyptian Mau and...?

HopefulWorld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, we recently got this kitten and were told it's Mau and something else (maybe Persian but... to be fair, the guy lied about her being a month older than she was).

She is very vocal, playful, energetic, and friendly. She's also the result of inbreeding, so is missing a few brain cells.

Any idea what the other breed might be? Thanks!

Attachments

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any proof one if her parents is an Egyptian Mau? You're already skeptical about the Persian, it's likely the seller was lying about both breeds. How is she inbred if her parents are two different breeds?

She's most likely a domestic shorthair (and without papers is considered such), though she has a slightly flattened face so it could be that a parent or older relative was brachycephalic and could've been more smush-faced than she is. So Persian is possibly somewhere in her lineage, or something like British Shorthair.

Her colour looks to be blue silver tabby (seems ticked, though there are some faint mackerel stripes too) because her paws/pads are dark, however they're so dark I wonder if she might even be black silver.

You've certainly got an interesting little lady there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HopefulWorld

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her parents were siblings from the same litter 😅 the various lineages come from their parents

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her tail isnt bushy, so she is probably shorthair, but with much kitten fluffiness... We will see more in a few months.

I think she is a so called shaded tabby (mackerel or broken mackerel), that is why she has this somewhat unusual coloring, although she is probably blue, or possibly blue silver as said above.

No trace of Mau. If persian so far back...
Spots on belly are common with tabbies.

Last edited:

CuriousKittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her parents were siblings from the same litter 😅 the various lineages come from their parents
So then both parents are the supposed Egyptian Mau and Persian mix? Possible I suppose, but highly unlikely and the kitten doesn't really look the part.

Oh my original comment was supposed to have mentioned shaded as well, like StefanZ said, but looks like my addition wasn't saved before I submitted. It should get easier to tell as she gets older and has her adult coat.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous :hearthrob:I would say she is a blue silver ticked tabby. No spots. I don’t see any Egyptian mau looks. Her face looks a bit smushed so there could be persian or bs there 😀