Eggnog

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's the only kind I drink, because I don't touch alcohol. Am I really missing out on something?
I wouldn't know. I don't drink either. I quit drinking around the age of 20. Although I did have a margarita in '92 and a wine cooler about 10 yrs ago.

ETA: but some rum in the bread does sound good.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not bad...as bread goes. But I don't taste any eggnog. I even changed up the recipe a little. It called for 1 cup of eggnog and 1/2 cup milk. I put in 1 1/4 cup eggnog and 1/4 cup milk. I then added 1/4 cup eggnog after about 10 minutes because the dough looked dry.
I'll try to figure out something else on my next loaf.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My family never made it, so dont know. Someone that works at Starbucks said their new eggnog drink is awful she normally likes eggnog

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresh, homemade eggnog... will drink gleefully.

Store bought stuff... meh. Might use a small bit to flavor my coffee. Maybe mix a tad with some spiced rum or Kahlua. It usually sits in the 'fridge until the crust around the spout/opening gets gross enough for me to pour it down the sink.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got an eggnog latte from Starbucks and it was pretty good. They replace part of the milk with eggnog which means it is loaded with calories. One issue I have with a lot of Starbucks lattes is that they are too sweet which is why I always get an extra shot of espresso but this wasn't. I think it is because it doesn't have any flavored syrup in it just the eggnog.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got an eggnog latte from Starbucks and it was pretty good. They replace part of the milk with eggnog which means it is loaded with calories. One issue I have with a lot of Starbucks lattes is that they are too sweet which is why I always get an extra shot of espresso but this wasn't. I think it is because it doesn't have any flavored syrup in it just the eggnog.
It only took this comment to convince me to grab one at the Starbucks in my Jewel to accompany my grocery run.
1117191419.jpg

There are other good sounding flavors, too. Maybe I should be downloading the app to get deals.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How many calories does egg nog have?
Lol, there's at least one recipe floating around (heh, bad pun, intended anyway;)) where you make what is basically an eggnog shake, with vanilla ice cream. If the brand of eggnog itself isn't too rich, this is ridiculously scrumptious, and you're right, I definitely ignore the calories :tongue:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lol, there's at least one recipe floating around (heh, bad pun, intended anyway;)) where you make what is basically an eggnog shake, with vanilla ice cream. If the brand of eggnog itself isn't too rich, this is ridiculously scrumptious, and you're right, I definitely ignore the calories :tongue:
Steak & Shake has an eggnog shake if anyone is interested in trying one.

Specials | Steak 'n Shake