EFT or Emotional Freedom Tapping

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Who does this? Just curious. I usually go alternate routes for healing on all levels but have always overlooked this practice. Does anyone actually do this and find it helpful? Pros and Cons both welcome. :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I know what it is, did it about twice, and lost interest. It is an alternative to acupressure, some say to acupuncture. While I have seen acupuncture work for pain, even in extreme cases, I don't have a lot of faith in the tapping. It certainly won't hurt you though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I'm not big on acupuncture. Went to some very well renowned practioners even ones used by members of the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra and I have very low pain tolerance. Maybe tapping has to be done consistently? I can try and see like you said. Just looking for other peoples experience. I'm mainly going through the tapping for release of past guilt and letting go of the constant stress and worry over every thing these cat do.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have done tapping and have a very good friend who is a "tapping professional", meaning she leads people through tapping sessions for whatever ails them. It's her full time job! She even holds conferences about it.

Anyway, she helped me tremendously getting over some deep seeded guilt through tapping, AND several years ago, I actually used tapping on all my cats because they weren't getting along, one was sick, etc I could tell they would start relaxing and "enjoy the ride" when I started in on them. It's different for them (obviously) but I truly believe it did work. And I know 100% it worked on me. Depending on what you are using it for, it may or may not need to be done consistently. For me, I was able to get the guilt situation resolved, so no longer need to do it for that purpose, but for other reasons, it's still good to continue it. My hubby, on the other hand, thinks it's a bunch of nonsense :rolleyes2: To each his own.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I just find that I'm first still feeling a lot of guilt over Pepper and how I was during my heavy drinking years (I believe I mentioned this in my feral thread and also the constant stress and worry over these cats. Also the need to let go and let be the situation with Shaman. I did session one this morning. Session two today will be any healing of the cats which at this moment will be tapping for Treasure who is always fighting and getting injured. I follow a woman called Ferris Jay who works with pets and their people. I had a free 15 minute zoom meeting with her yesterday. She seems to be very wonderful and I do like her technique.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I just find that I'm first still feeling a lot of guilt over Pepper and how I was during my heavy drinking years (I believe I mentioned this in my feral thread and also the constant stress and worry over these cats. Also the need to let go and let be the situation with Shaman. I did session one this morning. Session two today will be any healing of the cats which at this moment will be tapping for Treasure who is always fighting and getting injured. I follow a woman called Ferris Jay who works with pets and their people. I had a free 15 minute zoom meeting with her yesterday. She seems to be very wonderful and I do like her technique.
anything that helps you should be tried :)

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf , is this person you are zooming with showing you how to actually tap ON the cats? That's what I did, if it wasn't clear. Each cat got their own time with me. Of course, I had to do the "positive thoughts" for them as I was tapping on them. Who knows, they might have been doing it also, but since I'm not a mind reader, I couldn't be sure :wink:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
That will be tomorrow's session. But you can also do it surrogate if the cat doesn't want you to. I just know a friend of mine had a lot of success with this woman so I'm going through her. Today's lesson was the surrogate healing. Well using her methods, I noticed Treasure laying in the driveway and enemy cat Tourmaline shows up to eat at one of the stations. So I did her method of quickly calming your cat. Treasure never showed fear, aggression or anxiety when I started. What he did instead was look up toward Tourmaline and calmly walked to the pet carrier that he's taken to sleeping in lately, layed down and closed his eyes.

He is healing from a fight with Tourmaline but this morning, injuries, limp and all he went after to fight. Not this time. I'm not going to say this will be a permanent solution but I do believe in energetic healing as well.

Update: within a matter of minutes I went outside and he's sound asleep in his carrier. I remember adding the word sleepy in my tapping session for him. Well sleep is what he needs so he doesn't exert that injury. Hopefully it works and he'll be physically ok.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is great! Reiki is also energetic healing, and many people have had wonderful results with that. (even my poopooing hubby :rolleyes2::lol:)

Hope these results continue.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
This is great! Reiki is also energetic healing, and many people have had wonderful results with that. (even my poopooing hubby :rolleyes2::lol:)

Hope these results continue.
I do too. I did this to calm him a minute ago when a couple on the street behind us started with their daily arguing that they could be heard miles away. He started to get anxious and I lulled him back to sleep. Sopdet came to eat but not sure where she went just now. Maybe she just left so Treasure will rest.

Wonder if this technique would work on devices that constantly break? Right now outside of sessions I'm just picking random things that are stressing me out just so I can learn the points but I'm seeing some marvelous results. He's sleeping peacefully (of course no raccoons are around wanting to say hi) and Sopdet is on the steps. And I just noticed that when I did this for him and Sopdet about the couple arguing, the couple stopped arguing. Usually they go for hours.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Day Three and this is tapping on your pet. Hopefully Treasure will cooperate but who knows. haha I know Sopdet won't allow it due to her past abuse. I am noticing though that even though I'm tapping surrogate the tension between Treasure and Tourmaline are easing.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update: The tapping is going well. Peace is beginning to exist between Treasure and Tourmaline. Sopdet is beginning to accept Tourmaline. Tourmaline will let me tap on her but Sopdet won't (she has a limit on how long someone can hold or touch her) and Treasure just thinks I'm playing and goes rolling around on his back. I tap for all 4 of the cats right now (Treasure, Sopdet, Tourmaline and Gypsy) first thing in the morning and last thing at night always tapping for myself first. Ferris Jay has some wonderful YouTube videos to follow along with and you get borrowed benefits if you're just a beginner.

wali_the_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use EFT to soothe extreme anxiety and it works incredibly well for me.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it's close to a week and working very well for me too. It even works when I proxy tap for the cats. One of my other cats that went missing about the time Shaman disappeared returned this morning. But it's really helping me a lot deal with the situation of the cats coming and going

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, weird question. I hear about things like this and I think "ok, tapping is cool, maybe it brings up deep-seated feelings so you can deal with them, or it might be soothing, sure, sounds good" but then it goes into "proxy tapping" and I absolutely don't see how that could do any good. Is there a simple explanation?