eating bed

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just found out my cat has been chewing on the bottom of my bed,the cover that covers the very bottom of the bed,light black material. Looks like this been going on for awhile,about the size of 2 fingers is missing,she has puked my not recently,anyhing i should be concerned about,she seems ok

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you sure she ate that material?? Because my cats have done that as well to the material that covers the bottom of the box spring and it is black. I have sections missing too and upon further inspection, I found some pieces up in the box spring. I also found some pieces in another room on the floor that they must have been playing with and batting around. Just keep a close eye on your cat, if you see vomiting, not eating, diarrhea then off to the vet she should go.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is looking for a hiding place. Push an empty cardboard box under the bed with soft bedding inside of it, and see if you can position it underneath the "hole"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I saw her under there tonight and she was eating it,she has a fine appetite,seems ok,wasnt alot of that stuff and from what i know she can have been doing this for some time,not just tnight,i havent beed under my bed in weeks and i would have saw it then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh yea no diarrhea,vomit a few days ago but none since

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have anything to say but to confirm what Feral and Hissy said- they know what they're talking about!

For some reason Mackerel preferred it when I didn't put blankets and stuff in boxes, so if she doesn't like the box with soft stuff inside maybe take it out and see whether she prefers that.

Mackerel ripped out the entire underside of my couch when she was a kitten, she made herself a hammock type thing out of the material.. but she was too big for it eventually and each 'hammock' she made eventually stretched or ripped and dumped her furry butt back on the floor. :p Eventually I had to block off all access to the bottom of the couch with a spare mattress. If it really bothers you that's something you could look at- denying access.

erinroro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Ike cat completely tore up and off the undercover of my leather ottoman... and did a good job of scratching the leather on the bottom too! He would lay on his back and drag himself (on the wood floor) all the way around the ottoman! What a wacko cat!!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by erinroro

My Ike cat completely tore up and off the undercover of my leather ottoman... and did a good job of scratching the leather on the bottom too! He would lay on his back and drag himself (on the wood floor) all the way around the ottoman! What a wacko cat!!!!
They are characters for sure. Perkins will do that under the couch in the living room
drag himself around it when he has his morning crazies