Easy On The Stomach And Wallet

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Absolutely don't. change. anything.

The best food there is in the world is the food the cat in question will eat, and to have this positive a change in your furbaby is pretty much like you finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

oh my word I'm enjoying reading about the joy you're getting out of seeing her happy again almost as much as you are!!
Thank you for sharing that!!

let me repeat, do not change a thing for a while, you've got what works, stick with that :)

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also a car guy I know said that either the wiring is faulty or it is/was the alternator (The alternator sends power to everything while the car is running, the battery keeps things like clocks and alarms going while the car's engine is off), and sends his sympathies for such a rough day

(I’m pretty irrational) You're totally not - I've seen lots of broken car windows from hail, and even front quarter panels with dinner plate sized holes (I still can recall the looks of sympathy I got from other drivers on my way home)

Also the dehumidifier needs to be able to work within a certain amount of space so you will want closed windows :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Grojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you about the dehumidifier advice. I’ll run it in rooms with the windows and doors shut. There was a little bumper on my brake pedal that just disenegrated, leaving my tail lights engaged killing the battery. I currently have a temporary duct tape fix on it. All of that stress over a $5 rubber piece!

I would not ever imagine to see such an improvement overnight in my cat. Did she shed one of her 9 lives? Anti nausea meds, probiotics and prescription gi upset foods, havent even made a dent compared to what the soulistic Duck has done for her. She still has no interest in play time, instead she flopped right on her back demanding belly rubs which she got plenty of. I’m so content this food is staying in her and she’s not immediately crapping it back out, this gives me hope on putting some weight back on her.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not ever imagine to see such an improvement overnight in my cat. Did she shed one of her 9 lives? Anti nausea meds, probiotics and prescription gi upset foods, havent even made a dent compared to what the soulistic Duck has done for her. She still has no interest in play time, instead she flopped right on her back demanding belly rubs which she got plenty of. I’m so content this food is staying in her and she’s not immediately crapping it back out, this gives me hope on putting some weight back on her.
That's great to hear! Despite my misgivings about feeding a lot of fish, I do agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom that there's no reason not to feed her more of the Soulistic if it's working for her. And then introduce any new food later very, very slowly.

What a bonus, Furballsmom, to give the car advice, too! (I'm in need of getting my exhaust system de-noisified... it's not awful, yet anyway, but it clearly needs attention, ugh!)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:D
lisahe lisahe you could just say it's a really rad car
I do! Even though it's a 1998 Honda Civic! It's hilarious: I don't drive much because I work at home and whenever I take it in for its annual exam, the guys in the dealership tell me how great it looks and how cool it is that it has manual window-opening thingies instead of power windows! Vroom, vroom!

:D:D

Grojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a bonus, Furballsmom, to give the car advice, too! (I'm in need of getting my exhaust system de-noisified... it's not awful, yet anyway, but it clearly needs attention, ugh!)
I also have a Honda Civic and had to de noise my exhaust, mines a 2000. On mine the heat shield on top of my muffler rusted loose and was smacking the side of my muffler when idling. Talked with my dad who’s a mechanic about wether or not I really neeeded that flap of noisy metal, he told me to just rip the thing off. Just a thought that might be your problem.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have a Honda Civic and had to de noise my exhaust, mines a 2000. On mine the heat shield on top of my muffler rusted loose and was smacking the side of my muffler when idling. Talked with my dad who’s a mechanic about wether or not I really neeeded that flap of noisy metal, he told me to just rip the thing off. Just a thought that might be your problem.
More car advice, thank you, G Grojo ! I don't have a rattling so much as, you know, the occasional sound of a car without a muffler. (It's loudest if I'm maxing out a gear, so I've been very conscious of my shifting!) I probably need something replaced again: our garage is a little damp and the old Civic is low to the ground. The oddest thing is that the noise started when I sat in my car: I heard a small sort of clink/rattle (not quite sure how to describe it) and it sounded a little loud when I started it. It's as if something came loose. I need to have some maintenance work done anyway, so will have this checked, too! (But who ever wants to have maintenance work done?!)

Anyway, thank you, I'll be sure to ask about the heat shield, just in case.

Most important: how is Frankie doing today? I hope she's still doing well and eating.

Grojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
220B7DE9-301F-4B28-998C-440FD3F7FC37.jpeg
She’s still eating, no vomit, and solid poops. I couldn’t interest her to play yesterday, and she spent a good amount curled up in a basket of dog toys napping, but actually pulling nutrients out of food for the first time in a bit probably took it out of her some. She woke me up bright and early this morning stomping all over me demanding under blanket cuddles and has been prowling the house most of the day today.
The top picture is from Monday, we were having pretty bad diarreah and vomiting all day. The bottom is from today. I can tell such a difference in her eyes.

Grojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have one more question about poop.
What is normal?
According to a fecal chart she is around a 2. I’m not worried about constipation she’s having about two solid bowel movements a day.
But, since the day that she had her first solid, non greasy, non mucus poop in a few weeks, they have gotten wider in diameter since then. Could this be a sign that the inflammation in her intestines is going down causing her poops to get bigger because she has more room in them? Or should I be worried about this. Obviously if constipation starts I will be calling the vet, but again she’s going about twice a day, which two less movements than she was having a day!

Attachments

Grojo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn’t mean to attach the other picture, I didn’t know how to pull it off.