Easy Kitty Feeding Station to Protect Food...

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of a Kitty Food Feeding Station I made. They are easy and effective, in keeping the food dry. I have used blue plastic tubs before, but found, the kitties REALLY like the clear plastic ones, as they can then "monitor" what is going on around them, while they have their meal!
They hold up well in snow and summer too. I made some last year, and they are still looking great--and the kitties really use them a lot!
You really only need the plastic tub and some duct tape. I also used some nylon twine to tie the lid on for the "roof", and if you look, you can see where I made holes on the side and tied the twine into the holes, to make sure the roof stays stable!

**Edited to add: You can put a brick inside, to weigh it down, if you place it in a windy area.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice. My ferals live in my barn, so my problem is trying to feed cats without feeding raccoons! But your feeder would be great for feeding outside!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!! I had to stop feeding because I had a family of 8 skunks on my front porch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OH GOOD!!! I am so glad it is working for others too!!!

I just made two more tonight and am planning on bringing them up to the kitty colony tomorrow.