Ear wound

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I check his ears everyday but found this wound on the left side of his ear after work today. His ears are clean so he doesn’t seem to have ear mites.

He had his monthly revolution at the back of his neck yesterday, it could be that he was scratching constantly as a way of resistance or cleaning? He never really had any bad reaction to revolution.

Can I put on Vetericyn antimicrobial cat wound spray on the wound? Is there any products that are effective in cleaning and healing the wound? Thank you.

A67458B9-888F-4574-9DBC-974E263AFAAC.jpeg

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

My cat does this too from scratching. I usually just let it heal on its own. I just bought my first bottle of Vetericyn antimicrobial...... I would think you could put that on it for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

My cat does this too from scratching. I usually just let it heal on its own. I just bought my first bottle of Vetericyn antimicrobial...... I would think you could put that on it for sure!
Thank you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he exposed to other cats? That looks like a puncture wound or a small burst abscess with that deeper hole in the middle. He was hurt somehow by a puncture. It could be he caught a claw as he was scratching. It looks clean, an antibacterial spray would work well, some cats hate that spraying sound, so I often soak a cotton ball or clean cloth with it to apply it. You could also apply one time some peroxide mixed half and half with warm water, get it really wet so it gets down in there. Peroxide applied more than once can delay wound healing. Monitor it to check for infection, swelling, pus, and warmth, but I would bet he will heal fine in a few weeks.

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would monitor it and as strange as it sounds smell it.
Gray once had a bite from another cat and it developed into an absess.
Antibiotics sorted it out but it was the vet that told me to smell it. And it defo smelt a little off and different to the other ear.
Get well soon pussy cat 😿❤

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is he exposed to other cats? That looks like a puncture wound or a small burst abscess with that deeper hole in the middle. He was hurt somehow by a puncture. It could be he caught a claw as he was scratching. It looks clean, an antibacterial spray would work well, some cats hate that spraying sound, so I often soak a cotton ball or clean cloth with it to apply it. You could also apply one time some peroxide mixed half and half with warm water, get it really wet so it gets down in there. Peroxide applied more than once can delay wound healing. Monitor it to check for infection, swelling, pus, and warmth, but I would bet he will heal fine in a few weeks.
Thankfully he healed within a week with an antibacterial spray. It seemed like he scratched himself too hard for an itch. Thank you for the advice!

kry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would monitor it and as strange as it sounds smell it.
Gray once had a bite from another cat and it developed into an absess.
Antibiotics sorted it out but it was the vet that told me to smell it. And it defo smelt a little off and different to the other ear.
Get well soon pussy cat 😿❤
Thank you 💕. Thankfully he healed within a week!