Young Cat
Purraise
what can be done to clear away
ear mites?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you buy Revolution? I think it's the best & it's easy to apply. If you buy it online from canadavet.com, a prescription is not needed.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

micmit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you buy Revolution? I think it's the best & it's easy to apply. If you buy it online from canadavet.com, a prescription is not needed.

(Interesting that canadavet.com has not gone "live blue".)
i will check and see
thanks

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know...I've never heard of using Revolution for ear mites. I'd check out this thread. The Advisor who responded has lots of experience: Mites!!!

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is this website actually a trusted source of revolution? Can you get it from here knowing that it is that product and safe to administer? Iv heard horror stories of things like this being purchased online, but not actually being that product and causing problems and safety concerns.

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Most importantly though, are you sure it actually is ear mites? There are other conditions that can cause similar symptoms. Honestly it would be best to have a vet examine the ears. They can confirm that it's ear mites and make sure that the ear is still intact and that the tympanic membrane is still intact. They can then clean the ears for some immediate relief and then administer proper treatment to kill the mites. I know it's more expensive than a quick fix but it's the safest way to go. And most likely most effective.

micmit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i sure hope its the real revolution
because i ordered some

micmit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most importantly though, are you sure it actually is ear mites? There are other conditions that can cause similar symptoms. Honestly it would be best to have a vet examine the ears. They can confirm that it's ear mites and make sure that the ear is still intact and that the tympanic membrane is still intact. They can then clean the ears for some immediate relief and then administer proper treatment to kill the mites. I know it's more expensive than a quick fix but it's the safest way to go. And most likely most effective.
here we cant even get in the door for less than $100 plus the exam
and any meds
but if need be i certainly will

darkxfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has had brownish wax buildup for ages with specks of brownish black things and seems to be fine with it. I recently started using olive oil to clean it out but I might end up going to the vet

maddies momma

Alpha Cat
Purraise
The debris caused by ear mites is black and like dirty coffee grinds. Also extremely Itchy ears!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used Revolution to treat ear mites on many occasions with 3 different cats. It can take more than one application, but do not apply Revolution more than once every 30 days. To provide some relief now, you can put a couple of drops of mineral oil in the ear. Just use a glass dropper and warm the oil up in your hands a little bit (roll the bottle around) or use a water bath to warm it slightly before dropping into the ear. Massage in once applied.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
darkxfire darkxfire it could just be ear wax or it could be something else. Might want to get your kitty to the vet and have the ears checked out.

darkxfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used fipronil plus for both cats as a flea treatment. I have revolution on the cat when I got her sprayed and I found it wasnt that effective against fleas as fipronil. As of the past few days, I have been using olive oil in her ear, and starting using it in a dropper today.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this website actually a trusted source of revolution? Can you get it from here knowing that it is that product and safe to administer? Iv heard horror stories of things like this being purchased online, but not actually being that product and causing problems and safety concerns.
Absolutely. Why would I buy something for my cats if I didn't trust the website. It costs a bit less than in America, no script is needed, & you can buy 12 pipettes if you want instead of the 6 pipettes sold here.

darkxfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Took my cat in, and vet looked under a scope and said there were no signs of mites in that one ear. Gave me hexamite, and told me to try it out

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you took your cat in and that it doesn't appear to be anything serious. Did the vet give you any idea what it might be?