Ear Mites And Face Rash

Daniellemercado

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20170428_083310.jpg
20170428_083216.jpg
20170428_083404.jpg

Help! My poor cat keeps getting worse. She is my first cat, so I don't know much. I'm pretty sure she has eat mites. I've been putting ear mite drops in her ears every day. She seems miserable. I'm extremely low income so if there's anything I can do without taking her to the vet please let me know.
Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Daniellemercado

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If anyone has any ideas about what to do for her please tell me thanks

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you sure it's ear mites? Do the inside of his ears look like he has coffee grounds in them? That's what ear mites would look like, to my understanding. If he doesn't have that, then it's probably NOT that. What are you putting in his ears so far?

Worst case scenario, if you have to take her to the Vet, which I highly recommend, because I've never heard of a case of ear mites causes a rash OUTSIDE of the ear like this, check out this article: No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat may have a YEAST infection in her ears. Ear drops will no nothing. Please take her to a vet because she will need antibiotic ointment. Tresaderm is what cured my cat's yeast infection real quick.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
D Daniellemercado

I agree. The ears look infected from scratching. Your cat will need antibiotics.

In the meantime, you'll want to gently clean the affected parts of the ears with mild soap and warm water (without letting this run into the ear canal), then apply Neosporin several times a day.

Poor guy must be miserable. I hope the ears get better soon!