Dwarf Seahorses

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I think they might be Goals for me. I've never kept a saltwater tank, are they reasonably acceptable for beginners?
lots of maintenace (draco isnt joking about the water changes ) along with learning/knowing water parameters good/weekly /daily testing easiest to begin with is probably just live rock fish only tank join a saltwater forum read/read/read ask questions etc.:biggrin:fair warning you get hooked on keeping reef(corals)tanks it gets expensive:lol:(some corals will conduct chemical warfare against each other as well and the toxins can kill small petsso research all you can before adding stuff into your salt tank when you pull the trigger and start one:biggrin: clown fish(nemo) are no joke when it comes to aggression :lol:

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cute! My husband has always really wanted me to try seahorses but the feeding puts me off, the dwarf ones are so adorable though. A pet store local to me had a tank with them briefly, I hadn't realized just how tiny they are until I saw them in person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
i used to(was getting really into it growing my own frags etc.) before i had a stroke in 2013 then all my tanks around 8 or so nano and small tanks crashed while i was in hospital gf and mom were really not happy at all cleaning the smelly mess out . all they had to do was add a lil ph balance with amquel to top off the tanks with room temp water instead mom decided to pull the plugs on everything top off tanks with untreated water i got home to dead tanks and chunks of slimy dead rocksand dead or dying fish:rolleyes: but soon as gf and i get into a real house i plan to set some tanks up again:lol: atleast one small one for a mantis shrimp again or a frog fish then fill it with zoas and live rock:biggrin:that would be great to see a tank full of dwarfs its a good excuse to set a big tank up if you have the space and funds:lol:(and wife/gf allows it)reef tanks can be a money pit though:lol:
Oh no, what a mess! I hope you recovered well from the stroke, first of all. And second of all, I'd be entirely upset if my tanks crashed like that! It's one of my fears that if something happens to me, no one will know how to take care of them for me. Yes, do setup another tank or two!

And with coral frags, I swap them with my local reef club, or buy really cheap from them. I rarely pay full price at stores, which I think they are overpriced for what they are

game misconduct game misconduct you aren't kidding when you speak of aggressive clowns! I have one that's approaching 8 years old and she's a little..... can't say it here. Bites me every time I put my hand in the tank! Nasty thing! but I love her all the same

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, what a mess! I hope you recovered well from the stroke, first of all. And second of all, I'd be entirely upset if my tanks crashed like that! It's one of my fears that if something happens to me, no one will know how to take care of them for me. Yes, do setup another tank or two!

And with coral frags, I swap them with my local reef club, or buy really cheap from them. I rarely pay full price at stores, which I think they are overpriced for what they are

game misconduct game misconduct you aren't kidding when you speak of aggressive clowns! I have one that's approaching 8 years old and she's a little..... can't say it here. Bites me every time I put my hand in the tank! Nasty thing! but I love her all the same
i recovered more leg use back than arm/hand :lol:graycie has me doing laps in my apartment each morning about the tanks crashing thinking about it in hindsight i should have kept logs or a journal of some sort you know water parameters and water change routines not that my mom and gf could have made sense of the numbers:lol: my tanks would have had a better chance maybe then.the excess baby dwarfs will be good trade stock for new frags once they old enough:lol:looking like your going to need another tank soon then

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad I'm not the only one suffering with a vicious old clown, mine also attacks me anytime I mess in the tank, very annoying!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
today one of the male ponies gave birth after being pregnant for two weeks, and I wanted to share photos!
Oh, that is so cool. Thanks for sharing. Hope you'll continue to post updates.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I woke up, checked on the ponies and thought “This pregnant guy is HUGE”. Then went about my morning routine. Came back 5 minutes later to feed them and there were about 11 babies. JUST missed the birth! Hopefully next time I get to witness the birth!