Dusters that attract cat hair?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have suggestions for a duster that attracts cat hairs? I normally vacuum. But their hair is getting on my tv screen and electronics. Just want a back up to my vacuum.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to their website, they should work, though of course they're going to say that. They have a duster, too, not just the normal broom thing.

Sorry I can't be more help. I've basically just accepted the cat hair, lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
According to their website, they should work, though of course they're going to say that. They have a duster, too, not just the normal broom thing.

Sorry I can't be more help. I've basically just accepted the cat hair, lol.
Thank you for checking. I don't mind the cat hair over most of the house. Just trying to control it in my room. I had to get back on allergy meds. I started feeling it was hard to breathe in my room. The vacuuming helps. But you know how cat hair is. :lovecat2: i vacuum, and few minutes later a little tumbleweed of cat hair rolls by like a bad western movie.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really a duster, but I use these and love them -

Triple Action Dust Wipes | Clorox®
Thank you! I'll try those out too. I tried regular disinfecting wipes and they didn't work well for the cat hairs. Lol

Swiffer has a new heavy duty pet kit and refill cloths that supposedly work better than the regular cloths: Swiffer® Heavy Duty Pet Dry Sweeping Cloth Refills with Febreze Odor Defense A wet version is available too.
Thank you! I saw that product earlier when i was checking swiffer products.

I'll go by my local Walmart tomorrow to see what they have.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for checking. I don't mind the cat hair over most of the house. Just trying to control it in my room. I had to get back on allergy meds. I started feeling it was hard to breathe in my room. The vacuuming helps. But you know how cat hair is. :lovecat2: i vacuum, and few minutes later a little tumbleweed of cat hair rolls by like a bad western movie.
Yeah, thankfully my husband and I don't have allergies. If J ends up allergic to cats, I guess I'll have to learn to clean better. :lol:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, thankfully my husband and I don't have allergies. If J ends up allergic to cats, I guess I'll have to learn to clean better. :lol:
So far she seems ok around your kitties. Hope it stays that way. :vibes:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have the Swiffer Dry Pet Cloths. They do pick up a lot more hair and dust; however, it is much more expensive than the regular dry Swiffer cloths. You get about half as much, compared with the regular ones.
Personally, I would be careful about the wet cleaning cloths which have regular Febreze in it. They all do. I use the lavender scented ones, which do not seem to bother my asthma. I also have the windows open a bit, when washing the floors.
I find the other scents to be too strong for me..

Do you happen to have an air purifier in your bedroom. I do. It does help..

As far as cat fur.. I am at a loss. It is everywhere.
To get it off my electrical stuff, I use a swiffer dry cloth and Pledge has an electronic wet spray. It seems to work.

Good Luck, if you find a solution, let me know!!

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have the Swiffer Dry Pet Cloths. They do pick up a lot more hair and dust; however, it is much more expensive than the regular dry Swiffer cloths. You get about half as much, compared with the regular ones.
Personally, I would be careful about the wet cleaning cloths which have regular Febreze in it. They all do. I use the lavender scented ones, which do not seem to bother my asthma. I also have the windows open a bit, when washing the floors.
I find the other scents to be too strong for me..

Do you happen to have an air purifier in your bedroom. I do. It does help..

As far as cat fur.. I am at a loss. It is everywhere.
To get it off my electrical stuff, I use a swiffer dry cloth and Pledge has an electronic wet spray. It seems to work.

Good Luck, if you find a solution, let me know!!
Yes, i definitely have an air purifier. My allergies used to be a lot worse. I wouldn't have been able to have the cats in my room in the past. It really does help. But like you said the hair gets everywhere. Lol

Thanks for the tips on the swiffer products. I'll look around to see if i can get the pet ones on sale. I'm not surprised they charge more just because it's for pets. :sigh:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is to dust things like a tv and table tops, don’t buy a swiffer. Just get a scrap of fleece fabric from a fabric store and use that. It does great picking up dust and cat hair and is washable.
Thanks! That never would have crossed my mind. I will try it out.

Haven't had the chance to buy anything yet, so I'll try that first. Sounds economical. :lovecat2: