Dust free cat litter suggestions?

BigRich3113

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i have 3 cats that share 2.boxes of the old school gray cat litter. My big issue is the amount of dust that is kicked up during my daily scooping. I was wondering if anybody has any recommendations on a dust free cat litter? Thanks in advance!

Twylasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Non-clumping is much lower in dust overall. For clumping I find Sophresh grass seed litter to be low dust though it does track a lot.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've been using clumping corn cob litter - similar to World's Best Cat Litter, but an Italian brand - for the past month, and it's surprising how little dust and tracking there is in comparison to clay litter. It seems dusty if you rub it between your palms, but there's no dust on Mowgli, who's black and likes to scratch his litter, and next to none around/on the box.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm using a combination of clumping litter and Littermaid - either their walnut or their corncob litter. The littermaid seems to absorb the dust - weird, but my boy has stopped sneezing and I don't see clouds of dust when I'm cleaning the boxes :)

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First post here... I just happened to see your question.

I have a domestic shorthair that I found outside as a kitten, very sick and almost starved to death. I took him in and rehabilitated him, but as a result of his early illness, he is chronically sneezy and snotty. This is actually the reason I joined this forum, because I want to ask some questions about his symptoms.

Anyway, to answer your question, I use Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief litter. It is by no means "dust-free," but it has much less dust than any other clumping litter brands that I've tried. My cat is 7 years old now and does very well with this brand. (He used to get these crazy-long sneezing fits whenever he used the litter box, until I switched to this brand.)

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
First post here... I just happened to see your question.

I have a domestic shorthair that I found outside as a kitten, very sick and almost starved to death. I took him in and rehabilitated him, but as a result of his early illness, he is chronically sneezy and snotty. This is actually the reason I joined this forum, because I want to ask some questions about his symptoms.

Anyway, to answer your question, I use Dr. Elsey's Respiratory Relief litter. It is by no means "dust-free," but it has much less dust than any other clumping litter brands that I've tried. My cat is 7 years old now and does very well with this brand. (He used to get these crazy-long sneezing fits whenever he used the litter box, until I switched to this brand.)
I use that litter also...And its great for Snowball n myself....The BEST ive ever used...Dr.Elseys Respiratory Relief Clumping Cat Litter..Its not 100% dust free....But its works BETTER than ANY litter ive used in all the yrs ive had my boy...And hes 11yrs...And got him when he was just a tiny kitten...

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Purina clean and free unscented clumping. Works great and no dust (which my female kitten loathed).
If this is the Tidy Cats, I use it, too. Agree very low dust and it is fragrence free. It uses charcoal to lock in odors. Been very happy since switching, and my cats don't smell like fragrance after using the litter box like other brands.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! Jemima hated the fragrance and I don’t think it’s good for them to inhale all those chemicals that make fragrance. She was going outside the litter box the first few days I had her. I figured out that she doesn’t like fragrance because when I put lotion on she’d screw up her face and jump away from me. Cats can be exacting about their likes and dislikes lol 😆