Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake Mix

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This was on sale at my grocery store at 2 for $3. I had a $1 coupon, good for one package, so I caved, since I only had to pay 50 cents for it. Well, actually, to be fair? While I was looking at one box, Rick threw a box into the grocery cart. Ok, then! Evidently, that was my cue! (Have I mentioned that Dear Richard has a way serious sweet tooth??)

There are four envelopes in the box, each good, I'm assuming, for one little cake. I think it takes about a minute. You put the mix into a mug, add some water, microwave and....cake.

Has anybody tried this yet? Good? Bad? So-so?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will have to try them. Many times I've wanted a piece of good cake. The ready made cakes you buy in the stores now just don't taste good and the icing on those cakes are awful.

Muffy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No, we haven't. I got a chocolate brownie-type and I'm not supposed to be eating a lot of chocolate right now. It will have to wait for later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We tried it. They say to use at least a 9-ounce mug. I don't know why because it might make the equivalent of a small cupcake. Although, I was satisfied with it; Rick said he could have used another one. It really isn't bad at all, esp if you're really jonesing for a sweet fix. Or, in my case, chocolate. Without a coupon, though, I probably won't bother to get them again.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to Wal Mart yesterday and brought the store out. I brought 5 boxes of cakes. Chocolate lovers cake, 1 large (new) 1 small, cheese cake large (new) Confetti (new) and Brownie (new). I have not tried them yet. I forgot I had them until I saw this thread. I must of been in a strange mood. I also brought a can of honey roasted pecans and a can of toffee peanuts and a can of plain walnuts. I think my little friends in the back yard will get the walnuts.

I forgot it was Redskin Sunday yesterday. Every body was at Wal-Mart yesterday to buy stuff for the big game. It took forever to get out of the store.

Muffy