dumped dog

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Well, here's charlie today!!!

He is throughly enjoying being an in/out dogglett. Hubby told him today "Charlie you will never ever have ice on your little feet again. You have a home"........

Now isn't that a sweet thing to say..... And he is loving charlie laying beside him on the couch. He actually lifts him up there. When he first got home today I told him Charlie was enjoying the couch and he initially said he did not want charlie on the furniture but I explained to him that it was helping him bond with the cats and that was all she wrote...... Hubby loves our cats!!!

charlie is resting with his new sisters......

Also I have one cat named tink or Tinkerbell. she is teaching Charlie the ropes around the house. At first Charlie was scared of her as she "bulldogged" her way around him. She would walk sideways to him like some big dog and he would back away. she did this over and over trying to corner him into being submissive to her and he is... Her plan worked. He is grooming her now whenever she approaches him. If he gets rough she swats him gently and then continues to rub against him and he grooms her again more gently.. He is a wonderful dog... If I tell him no, he comes to me and sits. He wants to please... I already love him buches.....
When I think of all the horror stories that I read about I am so sad, but then one comes along like yours with Charlie, and it just makes me believe in people again Jenn. You and Juan are angels. You deserve something good to happen in your lives.

I want you to know also that I am still thinking of Toe-Man. I will say a very special prayer on Monday morning that he will be able to peepee on his own.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That picture is adorable...
4 very content fur babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to get ready for work, but I wanted to add one thing. Charlie get the cat balls and throws them in the air. I saw him do it today. I was so surprised. He won't chase a ball but he wants to learn to play. He knows his name already. Which is cool. I also want to say I don't let the dog play with the cat balls cause they can choke. Charlie just snagged one today... I keep them from Emma because being a lab she likes to carry them around.

Juan is already in bed and he said when I leave to just put the big dogs in the kitchen [where there are dog gates to contain them] and put Charlie "on his pallet" in the bedroom by the bed... hehe He only wants charlie in there tonight for quality time.... I suspect charlie will be on his feet by morning...

Hook line and sinker gals.......

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, it's 12:20. Juan just called me at work and said JJ, Muffin [dog], Flower, Yellow and CHARLIE were in bed with him. I said "Charlie is on the bed?" and he said yes...........

I knew it.........I just knew it......... He has a heart of gold!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhhhh you have such a wonderful man there Jenn!! This story just gets better and better and every time I read more of your updates I get a big smile and a happy tear.

It's been so wonderful to have this story to follow - Charlie is the luckiest boy in the world. But then, I don't think it was luck. I think there was a grander plan at work somewhere and you were meant to have Charlie and he was meant to have you. It's all too perfect to be anything but providence

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

well, it's 12:20. Juan just called me at work and said JJ, Muffin [dog], Flower, Yellow and CHARLIE were in bed with him. I said "Charlie is on the bed?" and he said yes...........

I knew it.........I just knew it......... He has a heart of gold!
Yes he does, and so do you. Ya'll are wonderful people.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie taking a nap with his new sisters and brothers.......... That's Toe and Star on the back of the couch and Mama and Felix laying with Charlie. Felix looks like Jimmy......

It's cold so everyone is resting.......... and I'm fixing to........Nite.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
" A place for everything and everything in it's place."
I love these pictures Jenn.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, everyone looks so comfortable, but most of all they all look like they are at home.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are such sweet pictures, Jenn. I love seeing Charlie so relaxed and hanging out with the rest of your crew. You did good!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What great pictures.

Charlie is so happy, what a lucky little man he is.
You and Juan were on that road at just the right time.
Charlie was meant to be your boy.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

What great pictures.

Charlie is so happy, what a lucky little man he is.
You and Juan were on that road at just the right time.
Charlie was meant to be your boy.
I agree, and I think (I went back the other day to the beginning of this thread) that it was on the second day that she already started to love it too. I knew she was gonna keep Charlie then. And I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad that she did.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwww, I just read this thread from beginning to end, and I knew you would end up keeping him..I am so glad you did
You have made a dogs life worth while..you have made him happy and safe. How amazing

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to keep him..... It always amazes me to see a sweet little dog accepting kitties too. Charlie is precious...... He can be hardheaded sometimes when he get his mind made up about something. He knows which kitties like to play and which ones will swat...

He is pretty gentle. I encourage him to be gentle and he is learning. I don't let him around the cats when we are not home. He is still crated or outside when we are gone. That will not change for a while.