dumped dog

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I am glad that ya'll finally decided for sure that you were keeping Charlie, I think I really knew that you were gonna keep him from the second day that you had him.

You and Juan are wonderful people and there is a special place for people like ya'll.

I know Charlie will continue to do things that make you happy and proud of him. I think he is trying so hard to please ya'll. I think he just wants to be loved, and that is excatly what ya'll are doing.

Please continue to keep us updated on how he is doing, I for one have come to be very fond of him. I think he is just the sweetest puppy.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Charlie will do more stuff for Juan now that he knows he finally has a good home where people will love him just because. I think Charlie just wants to be loved and be treated like he should be treated.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Juan is a good man Jenn.

Love his pictures.
I think you're a wonderful couple for all the care you give to your pets. Lucky Charlie to have found you.
This has been a wonderful thread! I kept thinking about it and wondering what'll happen next with Charlie.
Looking forward to more pictures!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just checking in this morning Jenn...
How's things...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things are wonderful this morning Xo.....

Today Charlie greeted us the same way he greeted us yesterday.. His is a wonderful little dog.

This morning he has decided he wants to play with the cats. He has been jumping in circles in the LV room and yelping at one of the babies. "Play with me...play with me"...... The kitten just looked at him like he was a crazy dog. The other dogs do not try to play.

At this point, Charlie would be too heavy footed for them. He doesn not have the concept of being careful yet like the big girls do. Emma grooms them and is very gentle as she nips away at them..

Charlie will learn..... There are still a couple of them he is intimidated by but they will accept him.

Today, this morning, he finally got to eat in the big dog bowl. No one, not cats nor dogs, kept him from the food bowl. It tickles me that the cats are guarding the dog food. I never thought they would do that. But today all the animals appear more relaxed.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are bringing Charlie's adventure to life for us Jenn.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How old would you say he was? About a year? He looks pretty good sized, but sounds like he still has a lot of puppy. He is such a sweet dog!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Things are wonderful this morning Xo.....

Today Charlie greeted us the same way he greeted us yesterday.. His is a wonderful little dog.

This morning he has decided he wants to play with the cats. He has been jumping in circles in the LV room and yelping at one of the babies. "Play with me...play with me"...... The kitten just looked at him like he was a crazy dog. The other dogs do not try to play.

At this point, Charlie would be too heavy footed for them. He doesn not have the concept of being careful yet like the big girls do. Emma grooms them and is very gentle as she nips away at them..

Charlie will learn..... There are still a couple of them he is intimidated by but they will accept him.

Today, this morning, he finally got to eat in the big dog bowl. No one, not cats nor dogs, kept him from the food bowl. It tickles me that the cats are guarding the dog food. I never thought they would do that. But today all the animals appear more relaxed.
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad that he is having such a good time with ya'll. I think it was meant to be that ya'll were the ones that found him. I do believe that God put you in that very place at that very time for a reason.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah!!!! You have a new dog & Charlie has a great big new family. I knew from the first post you were going to keep him. You and your husband are soooo wonderful. I love the name, I have a Charlie and he was a rescue also, he was abandoned because he has epilipsy, and the people didn't want a "defective" dog. He is on medication and does just fine thank-you very much. He has the biggest heart and is so excited all the time. I keep thinking he will calm down at some point, but we have had for almost three years now.

Congrats on your newest family member.

BTW my Charlie lasys the same way, I will try to get a picture of him, my DH calls it his stretch armstrong pose.

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aww, I started reading this thread last night before bed, and carried on reading it tonight.. the beginning was sad, like how you found him and everything, but atleast he's finally found his forever home with you
You are a great couple for doing this, a lot of people wouldn't even give an animal a second look if they saw 'it' at the side of the road!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That dog looks a LOT like my friend's Border Collie mix... He also has really short legs, a very similar face and is black and white (more back though...) The only difference is Fred has ears that stand up.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add a quick post.. I have discovered a couple other things charlie is afraid of.

I turned a floor fan on today and it just freaked him out that air would blow from something. And also, when the alarm went off to wake me up he jumped and ran.

Like I said, he has never been inside a house.... But in spite of that he is very well behaved. I am still crating him at night. But he is discovering some great things about house life on his own.... I caught him a few mintues ago tucked into a corner of the couch. Husband doesn't like dogs on furniture except for Muffin, but Charlie looks very cute sleeping away with his head on a pillow. Can't wait to show yall.

I can't post pics right now because husband has camera with him in Georgia.
He wanted to get some pictures of his parents.. He won't be back till Thursday. He only left this morning but I sure miss him already. I think I might take him for granted sometimes. Or at least a little. This is the first time I have made my own coffee in a while. I'm thinking he needs some appreciation from his wife when he gets home.
It's the little things that count... Some of you already know toe is sick right now. He has already called me twice today to check on him. He is so good.....

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Just wanted to add a quick post.. I have discovered a couple other things charlie is afraid of.

I turned a floor fan on today and it just freaked him out that air would blow from something. And also, when the alarm went off to wake me up he jumped and ran.

Like I said, he has never been inside a house.... But in spite of that he is very well behaved. I am still crating him at night. But he is discovering some great things about house life on his own.... I caught him a few mintues ago tucked into a corner of the couch. Husband doesn't like dogs on furniture except for Muffin, but Charlie looks very cute sleeping away with his head on a pillow. Can't wait to show yall.

I can't post pics right now because husband has camera with him in Georgia.
He wanted to get some pictures of his parents.. He won't be back till Thursday. He only left this morning but I sure miss him already. I think I might take him for granted sometimes. Or at least a little. This is the first time I have made my own coffee in a while. I'm thinking he needs some appreciation from his wife when he gets home.
It's the little things that count... Some of you already know toe is sick right now. He has already called me twice today to check on him. He is so good.....
I am glad that Toe has made it so far Jenn, please keep us posted on how he is doing tomorrow.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Jenn,

Darn, what a cute pup! Thanks for saving his life--you're a true angel. I wish I could have a dog, but we tried it, and the cats were terrified of him.

Please keep us posted????

MargeCat

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's late here.
Toe is on my mind.

Charlie is a good boy.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the updates Jenn - wonderful to hear how Charlie is doing, and hopefully he'll get over some of his fears now that he has love and security - it sounds like he's fitting in really well.

Best wishes for Toe, keep us posted.

Also, would love to see some more pics when you get the camera back!!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here's charlie today!!!

He is throughly enjoying being an in/out dogglett. Hubby told him today "Charlie you will never ever have ice on your little feet again. You have a home"........

Now isn't that a sweet thing to say..... And he is loving charlie laying beside him on the couch. He actually lifts him up there. When he first got home today I told him Charlie was enjoying the couch and he initially said he did not want charlie on the furniture but I explained to him that it was helping him bond with the cats and that was all she wrote...... Hubby loves our cats!!!

charlie is resting with his new sisters......

Also I have one cat named tink or Tinkerbell. she is teaching Charlie the ropes around the house. At first Charlie was scared of her as she "bulldogged" her way around him. She would walk sideways to him like some big dog and he would back away. she did this over and over trying to corner him into being submissive to her and he is... Her plan worked. He is grooming her now whenever she approaches him. If he gets rough she swats him gently and then continues to rub against him and he grooms her again more gently.. He is a wonderful dog... If I tell him no, he comes to me and sits. He wants to please... I already love him buches.....