Dumped cat and kittens

Bella’s Babies 2017

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have taken on a mother cat with 3 kittens that are about 10 weeks old as someone saw them out on a farm that they are leasing. She is really smoochy and is eating a lot. Had her about a week now and she has been meowing lots and purring heaps. Not sure if she is pregnant again or not

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be preg, but it sounds as she is in heat.

I would recommend spaying as soon the heat is over.

How to do it for free or cheap will be next question.

Where are you? Country, town?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella’s Babies 2017

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m in New Zealand and can access cheap desexing. Just trying to work out if she’s pregnant as it’s a bit hard to tell when she already has young kittens. She was not letting them anywhere near her till today.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I looked up what smootchy means, and it means "extra friendly". Now you do write her back is twitching. Thus the diagnose is almost 100% sure - its heat behavior, she is in heat.

Of course she MAY be preg anyway, sometimes they come into heat midways the pregnancy. Not common but it happens. Also, in the self end of pregnancy, its common they have a sort of heat. - Its perhaps as with humans, married pairs use sometimes to get things delivery going they use "to do it".

So, if she is visibly in pregnancy so probably she is. And have heat.

But if not, its just heat so far. If she wasnt directly starved, a momma with nursing kittens will often looks thicker and more round compared to a young maiden in high shape.
Roughly the same as with humans, no? :)

(Yeah, on a forum with mainly female forumists, Im a little mansplaining sometimes. :) )

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is that she is pregnant again. The 10-week-olds need de-sexing soon too. Can you get mom checked by a vet to determine if she is expecting or not?

Bella’s Babies 2017

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My guess is that she is pregnant again. The 10-week-olds need de-sexing soon too. Can you get mom checked by a vet to determine if she is expecting or not?
We are currently in lockdown and I’m not sure if they are desexing at the moment

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I meant what is her condition today. How is she? You mentioned that she was hiding behind the couch. Is she acting differently otherwise?

Bella’s Babies 2017

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s quite smoochy today. She keeps changing, one day she’s bulging out at the sides and the next she’s not. I could feel a lot of movement until the last few days.

Bella’s Babies 2017

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant what is her condition today. How is she? You mentioned that she was hiding behind the couch. Is she acting differently otherwise?
I think she’s hiding behind the couch again. Went looking for her and couldn’t find her