Dsh With Unusual Features

FunfettiSquid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, Bowie, is definitely a DSH, but he's got some weird physical characteristics that make me curious if he might have any specific breeds thrown into the mixture. Specifically, his tail is super thick, kind of short, and doesn't really taper at the end. He also has chubby cheeks, or at least a chubby neck, as well as legs that are on the shorter side. Our other cat looks very much like a 'typical' domestic shorthair, so Bowie's differences are consequently even more noticeable to us.

He's about 11 lbs. now, and was probably about 12 in some of these pics, since he'd just started phenobarbital for epilepsy and got a crazy increase in appetite. The fat cheeks/neck were already a thing, though, and have also persisted post weight loss. Part of the reason I actually started wondering more was from talking with his neurologist about the prevalence of epilepsy in purebreed/mixed breed cats, and it kind of peaked my curiosity!

Anyway, he's quite possibly just unusual-looking on top of his unusual health condition, but he's awesome in any case! Thanks!

bowiepic4.jpg bowiepic3.jpg bowiepic2.jpg bowiepic1.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s a cutie! He might have some Scottish Fold (of the straight-eared variety, also called a Scottish Straight) in him. His rectangular body, with short legs, thick fur, wide head, and short neck match the breed. That position he is in sitting on the couch (sometimes called the “Buddha pose”) is a personality trait we see in Scottish Folds and Scottish Straights.