DSH Tabby or Part Bengal?

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted a stray cat who is different than any other cat I've ever had. He is more wild, extremely high energy/high needs, jumps in the tub with me, has silky fur, gets easily bored and destructive, is long and lanky with a small head (but very strong), and is totally fearless and has to be in the middle of everything. He appears to be mostly a DSH tabby but I was wondering if any Bengal experts could chime in to comment (and speculate) on whether he may have some mixed in Bengal blood.

FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_9186.JPG

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the replies and the compliments, Silver and Witch :).

Additional photos if others want to chime in but sounds like he may be a classic DSH tabby.
FullSizeRender-3.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pattern and overall looks is of a classic tabby. IF he has any marbled bengal ancestry, its visible by the lively, active behavior, not by the outside looks.
But as earlier said: many other cats, often moggies, are lively too. Especielly when they are young...

If he is adult and still that active and lively - and you want to think some bengal descendancy - why, suit yourself. Its even fully possible. :)

Whatever we say, he is a prettie in his own right, and seems to be a wonderful personality. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iloveprincess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have no real reason to refer to my boy as part Bengal other than to help explain his spirited personality :). Sounds like I just have a lively DSH tabby on my hands.

Thanks for the input, everyone!