DSH or Bengal Mix... Also any ideas on how big she'll get?

AbsolutelyAllie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my lovely sweetheart. She is 5 months old and just about 5 lbs and I was curious if anyone had any estimates of her full grown size. When I initially got her a lot people commented that she would be large. I am also curious as many others are if you all see Bengal in her. She is definitely a Spotted tabby but I am curious if she is a dsh or a Bengal mix in your guys eyes. I joined this forum as I have a lot of questions about socializing her but I thought I would introduce her on this page first.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a lovely girl! I would describe her as a brown spotted tabby domestic shorthair. I'm not seeing obvious signs of Bengal ancestry in your pictures. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are also not mixes of breeds, unlike dogs.

Her size at this time sounds about average to me for her age. It's hard to say exactly how big she will be when she matures, because some cats keep growing longer than others.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
To observe, she counts as spotted tabby NOT because her spots on the tummy - many tabbies are sporting spots on the tummy, so they really dont count.

But because there are quite a few of real spots on her back and sides. Its not impossible she is really a broken mackerel. But she does have some distinct spots too, so - lets call her for spotted. :)

A AbsolutelyAllie