Dry to wet food transition - ok to start with inexpensive food?

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes. Since we don't actually know which ingredients are healthy, as studies are ongoing, you should try any wet food your cat will eat. I don't personally recommend Friskies, but any amount of wet food will be good.

I usually recommend that if people can get their cat to eat at least one can of wet food per day with some extra water added into it, it will greatly improve your cat's health.

What's in My Cat's Food?: Designer Diets, Grain Free Diets | VCA Canada Animal Hospitals

Transitioning Dry Food Addicts

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh! I came back to add, there are things like Fresh Pet "kibbles" and freeze dried food like Stella and Chewys that you might decide to try out too..here they are $6 and $11 for a small bag respectively. My late cat Lily liked both. The first is more of a kibble shaped wet food and the second you rehydrate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh! I came back to add, there are things like Fresh Pet "kibbles" and freeze dried food like Stella and Chewys that you might decide to try out too..here they are $6 and $11 for a small bag respectively. My late cat Lily liked both. The first is more of a kibble shaped wet food and the second you rehydrate.
Great idea, thank you :)