Dry skin, scabs, itching?

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I noticed a couple scabs on my cats head where he’s been scratching. He has always had some anxiety so over grooming happens when he is stressed and started doing this again after his brother passed at the beginning of the year. He’s been very needy for love. We’ve been giving him loads of attention since we are home all the time. We recently switched back to wheat/corn litter because I’m wondering if it’s an allergy to the clay litter?

He went to the vet late January for a check up and had basic blood work. All good. He has an appointment April 25th to finish the senior bloodwork. ( he fought them and they couldn’t get enough the first time so they didn’t want to stress him more. I wanted to wait a bit before I brought him back in.) and just get checked again. Ordered his revolution plus online since I missed this month. I thought I had another dose but apparently not. I may try and pick some up at my vet tomorrow in case it’s flea

With all the madness of the world and shelters needing emergency fosters, we will fostering a young lady cat this week. I will be keeping them separate but I’m also worried.

Not sure what the vet is going to do because we will be on lockdown for 30 day.
Crazy times.

couldn’t get a great picture. But they are kind of flaky dry skin under his chin.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Maybe try dabbing some cooled chamomile tea that you buy in the store (garden grown chamomile is often a variety that's not good for cats) on the areas.
It's anti fungal, anti bacterial and helps ease itchiness.

What about some cat music? Have you tried any calming products?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got a calming diffuser today for his area and also got a multi cat diffuser for when I want to introduce my cats to each other. I and have him back on CBD oil and I’m just giving him all the space from the foster kitten. It’s a lot of change for him. Even our schedules being disrupted from the coronavirus. I know he likes having us home but he doesn’t like being ignored when I have to work 9-5 still so it’s just been a crazy time. What’s a chamomile tea brand you trust?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel like he’s much calmer. I also started him back on CBD. He’s still going at his fur a bit but I think the diffuser is helping! Fingers crossed