Dry food options

Erin80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We feed Costco food to our dog and she’s doing great on it! If I were to feed my cats dry food, I’d definitely try Costco 😊

Lranders29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know dry food isn’t the best for cats, but unfortunately our lifestyle dictates that we have to leave dry food out. I have always given my kitties wet food at night, and let them graze during the day. With my work schedule this is what works best. I am looking for a good dry cat food. Right now Phoenix is eating Wholesome Blend grain free that I got free from a pet supply store because they give out coupons if you adopt from the shelter. I have priced this and unfortunately I won’t be able to afford it. I’m looking for a good grain free or low grain food. I saw that Costco has a grain free called Natures domain. Does anyone one have any experience with this? I see such mixed reviews on Kirkland cat food and don’t know which to believe.
I know it’s a lot but mine are on Science Diet. I mix in about 1-2 T with meals. My family cat became diabetic from free feeding so I’m committed to feeding every 12 hours. They finish the wet immediately and then graze on the dry.

Shants7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As I have already said my schedule at this time does not allow me to feed several times throughout the day, or have a specific meal time. I work different shifts including overnights on different days and am not home at the same every day. I’m not comfortable using a timer at this point. I didn’t ask for a lecture on wet vs dry or how to feed my cat wet food with my schedule. I also mentioned I am on a budget, and asked if people have used Costco’s grain free food and if it’s a good option. I don’t mean to sound rude, but please answer my original question.
I’m following your thread because it’s the same advice I need ( minus the cost which I totally understand isn’t everyone’s situation) but my cats are older and all the suggestions sound great for a new cat. I also just need some brand recs and not info on what I’m doing wrong. My eldest is 18 and in good health. My previous old man was 17 and passed due to a brain tumor and our cat before that lived to 19.. all living to ripe old age with dry left out and wet food when I was home. Advice is helpful but I know my boys and what works. If I find something that I think will work for you I’ll let you know