Resolved Drop Down Menu/ Links At Bottom Not Shown In Box

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Some of the links supposed to be shown at the bottom of the drop down menu box under "Forums" are showing up outside of that navigation box. With the backgrounds on some TCS pages, this makes it hard to see the links. I know this is a To Do list low priority, and I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue.

There are differences between browsers, so I am not sure if it's a browser bug. In Firefox, all the links down to "IMO" are shown in the box and only "Site Help" is out of the box. In Opera, the nav menu box stops after "Cats and Other Animals", leaving several links down outside of the box.

First, an example of what I mean, by showing the drop down box using Firefox
on a page with a white background, but some surrounding text, which makes it harder to see the link outside of the box (see that bottom "Site Help" link is not within the drop down menu):

dropDown1-FF.png

And here's a homepage image on Opera
, so you can see how (1) there are more links not included in the menu drop down, and (2) how hard it is to see the lost links when they are against a dark, busy backdrop:

drowpDown3-Opera.png

Low priority, no rush:popworm:! Just wasn't sure if anyone knew.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, that's something we've become aware of.
The go-around is to use "Quick Navigation" at the top or bottom of the page:
quick navigation link.jpg
That opens up the whole Quick Navigation Menu, where you can access everything:

quick navigation menu.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, CvP.

The Opera version is fixed, yay... but the FF version still looks the same. I use version --mumble,mumble-under-my-breath-- for FF though, so I am sure newer versions of FF likely have the problem fixed. :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 115554

You can try out the new FF 53. It is suppose to come with a new compositor for faster perf.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is fixed for FF 53.

I like the browser I use because it is a bit stricter with coding than the newer, more forgiving browser versions :)
Oh, those DIVs... always causing trouble! My browser version always sets me hunting if the layout has a quirk.