Drinking A Lot

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
blood blucose was 92 mg/dL this morning, and he wasn't even fasting: he ate 4 hours before. Urine glucose it's zero

Did you test the blood glucose level at home yourself?

The excessive drinking may be a side effect from the Onsior. Here's the product info for the tablets: https://assets.ctfassets.net/kvimhx...70e69/Onsior_Tablets_for_Cats_PI_Oct_2016.pdf On page 3 it says that a change in drinking or urination can be a side effect and to immediately stop giving the product and call the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did you test the blood glucose level at home yourself?

The excessive drinking may be a side effect from the Onsior. Here's the product info for the tablets: https://assets.ctfassets.net/kvimhx...70e69/Onsior_Tablets_for_Cats_PI_Oct_2016.pdf On page 3 it says that a change in drinking or urination can be a side effect and to immediately stop giving the product and call the vet.
No, we did the blood test at the vet.
I know it can be an adverse reaction, but we stopped the medicine 9 days ago with no changes whatsoever. Also, the info are not very clear: the vet told me that increased drinking and urination as a side effect are related to kidney damage, but Merlin seems to have perfect kidney values.

Anyway, I followed the advice: today he is drinking tap water. In 20 hours the water in the bowl decreased 37 mL (and I'm pretty sure that a tiny ammount is lost by evaporation). That's pretty good compared to the previous days!
He seems to hate the taste: he takes a couple of sips and then leaves :ruminating:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, today we're back to drinking a lot.
I don't know what to do :stars: he looks fine otherwise