dried up worms around the house but none in stool?

mmylosx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello, this is the first time i’m using this website so apologies if this isn’t the right place to write this.

recently i realised that wherever my kitten (5 months old) rests, small seed-like grains are left around. however, i only found out today that these are apparently dried up worms. this is extremely confusing to me as any time i look at his stool, there is no indication that he has worms. i’ve even watched as he was actively using his litter box and yet again, no worms whatsoever. i’m just extremely confused by this whole thing as the only indication of this is the seed-like things wherever he rests.

also, another general question, for cat owners in the uk, does anyone know how much it costs to get kitten vaccinations at vets4pets? this is my first time having a cat and every aspect about the vets is confusing to me, how much would it cost for them to check my kitten’s potential worms? sorry if i seem completely clueless, i genuinely have no idea about any of this

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds like tapeworm segments.

You don't always notice them in the stool, but if you're seeing them around your cats rear end or wherever he sits you need to get them treated. A vet will be able to take a fecal swab and tell you exactly what he has. Sometimes cats have round worms as well as tape worms and other parasites.

Humans can get tapeworms from cats, so be sure to wash your hands carefully after cleaning the litter box or handling your cat.

I don't know about vets4pets. You could always call them and ask how much they charge for vaccine, spay and worm treatments. A lot of vets will offer a package where you can get all the initial vet care plus regular flea and worm treatments for a set price.

Pet Health Plans

Here's a guide to estimates for spay and neuter prices.

How Much Does It Cost To Get A Cat Fixed – TheCatSite Articles

This one tells you more about vaccines.

Cat Vaccinations: A Quick & Useful Guide – TheCatSite Articles

This one is worth reading before you take your kitten to the vet

How To Talk To Your Vet – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmylosx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That sounds like tapeworm segments.

You don't always notice them in the stool, but if you're seeing them around your cats rear end or wherever he sits you need to get them treated. A vet will be able to take a fecal swab and tell you exactly what he has. Sometimes cats have round worms as well as tape worms and other parasites.

Humans can get tapeworms from cats, so be sure to wash your hands carefully after cleaning the litter box or handling your cat.

I don't know about vets4pets. You could always call them and ask how much they charge for vaccine, spay and worm treatments. A lot of vets will offer a package where you can get all the initial vet care plus regular flea and worm treatments for a set price.

Pet Health Plans

Here's a guide to estimates for spay and neuter prices.

How Much Does It Cost To Get A Cat Fixed – TheCatSite Articles

This one tells you more about vaccines.

Cat Vaccinations: A Quick & Useful Guide – TheCatSite Articles

This one is worth reading before you take your kitten to the vet

How To Talk To Your Vet – TheCatSite Articles
yep! that’s what i had assumed and you’re completely right, he does have worms. i have a visit booked with medivet for monday now! thank you so much for your help