Dreams that change a life

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly twenty years ago (November 22nd, 2002) I had a dream so intense that I can still remember it now.
That dream made me turn to vegetarianism on that very day, and I have been since.

Did a dream of yours ever make you take a turn in your life, or did it ever leave an unerasable memory in your mind?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a few dreams that I still remember, but I'm not sure any of them made me change my life. I just read someone say that if you have a dream you remember, it's not a dream it's a memory.

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I once had a dream where I was a totally different person and, in my perception, I lived an entire adult life as that person in the dream. It was so real and seemed to last for so many years/decades that when I woke up, I was genuinely disoriented and it took a while for me to remember who I really was.

I also occasionally dream the solution to some mental puzzle I've been working on during the day. I sometimes say I have a Dream Spider who weaves my daytime thoughts together at night so they make sense.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That dream made me turn to vegetarianism on that very day, and I have been since.
From one vegetarian to another - good for you! :thumbsup:

The only reoccurring dream I have is about adopting another dog since our last pup passed. He used to sleep on the floor beside my bed and I often wake up thinking there's still a dog there. We went to the animal shelter where we adopted him and our last cat today. We brought a donation of food and paper supplies. I couldn't help myself and had to poke my head into the dog kennel area to look at the pups up for adoption. 🐾

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a few dreams that I still remember, but I'm not sure any of them made me change my life. I just read someone say that if you have a dream you remember, it's not a dream it's a memory.
That's interesting, and true. If something gets so rooted in one's mind, it can't be a dream, it must be a memory.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once had a dream where I was a totally different person and, in my perception, I lived an entire adult life as that person in the dream. It was so real and seemed to last for so many years/decades that when I woke up, I was genuinely disoriented and it took a while for me to remember who I really was.

I also occasionally dream the solution to some mental puzzle I've been working on during the day. I sometimes say I have a Dream Spider who weaves my daytime thoughts together at night so they make sense.
Wow! This is shocking, thinking of being someone else when you wake up because you were that someone else in your dream. I admit that I have very scary and unusual dreams myself, but I never got to such an extent.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From one vegetarian to another - good for you! :thumbsup:

The only reoccurring dream I have is about adopting another dog since our last pup passed. He used to sleep on the floor beside my bed and I often wake up thinking there's still a dog there. We went to the animal shelter where we adopted him and our last cat today. We brought a donation of food and paper supplies. I couldn't help myself and had to poke my head into the dog kennel area to look at the pups up for adoption. 🐾
The puppy of your dreams :redheartpump:

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's interesting, and true. If something gets so rooted in one's mind, it can't be a dream, it must be a memory.
Not for me. I remember a few intense dreams where someone close to me was killed, yet they’re still alive.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had a lot of dreams that IMO felt like a warning and I listened. It's quite possible nothing would have happened if I didn't, but you never know.
I've had several dreams about Tag since he passed on 9-15-22. In the first dream, he had passed, and it was incredibly upsetting. The second, he was still with me but like he was that last week, and as I had the dreams, he continued to get younger by a few years in each one. In one I had, he was downstairs and I was upstairs, looking at him. He saw me and came trotting towards me up the steps. IDK if it was the last second of being asleep, or the first second of being awake, but "he's ascending" were the words that popped into my head. I felt very comforted.
If I can't remember the actual dream I usually remember the emotions. Anxiety, being upset or mad, happy, comforting, etc.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have very vivid dreams...and nightmares too. I usually remember my dreams, although explaining them after the fact doesn't always make sense. I also still remember dreams I had as a child. The one that always comes to mind first was my recurring dream. I was about 4 years old. I would be in my room, playing with my dollhouse (I didn't have one in real life) when this little creature, who lived in my dollhouse, befriended me. He looked a little like if ET and Dobby from Harry Potter had a baby. Then one day, he jumps out of the house to greet me, and grows to be my size, and at first I'm excited because my tiny friend is now a full size playmate. But things take a turn and he morphs into an evil being and continues to grow bigger and my last sight is of his now huge grinning mouth with big pointy teeth and fangs coming right at me like he's going to eat me. Of course that's when I would wake up.
Overall, none of my dreams ever "changed my life" per se, but I have had several predictive dreams...the most memorable one was when I met my Dad's second wife for the first time. I had the dream...then about 2 weeks later...the entire dream happened exactly as it did before, but in real life. None of my dreams are ever memories...and I'm glad because I've had some doozies that should not ever happen to someone. And some, that if they were memories...well let's just say our entire existence and what is real in this world needs to be questioned...seriously...what goes on in my brain...I don't even know where to start.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my dreams are ever memories...and I'm glad because I've had some doozies that should not ever happen to someone. And some, that if they were memories...well let's just say our entire existence and what is real in this world needs to be questioned...seriously...what goes on in my brain...I don't even know where to start.
You were able to convey the feeling I have about my dreams.
Some, I am glad that are just dreams. And if they were memories, then the world would be a scary place to live in.
I have several predictive dreams too, especially about cats. Situations that come true within the next 2 days.
I would really like to have an explanation on this.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IDK if it was the last second of being asleep, or the first second of being awake, but "he's ascending" were the words that popped into my head. I felt very comforted.
If I can't remember the actual dream I usually remember the emotions. Anxiety, being upset or mad, happy, comforting, etc.
I dreamed of my past cats too, and in one of these dreams I was with my beloved Lola, she was next to me, I would have liked to hold her tight, I asked her to stay, not to go away, but she replied (she could speak in my dream) that she couldn't stay, she had to leave me, she couldn't stay with me anymore.
I woke up very very sad 😢

Last edited by a moderator:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several predictive dreams too, especially about cats. Situations that come true within the next 2 days.
I would really like to have an explanation on this.
The how's and why's of being able to predict or foresee the future is something that I have looked into before. How it pertains to dreams could be linked to the "beliefs" that some can predict when put in an induced trance state. Whether they are communicating with other beings or angels, or travelling telepathically to an alternate dimension or are simply able to expand their minds or get their brain activity wavelengths to get to the "sweet spot" to accept and see the information...again...How? It is possible? IDK.
This all sounds so "out there" but.....I've done it....I've foreseen things in my life. And it's not just dreams, I've had several instances where my "intuition" kicked in real intense, it's almost like things go all slow motion for just a second or just feel like a very intense sense of clarity...then a thought popped into my head and low and behold...it was true or it happened. Sometimes right away and sometimes not till a few days or weeks later.
I'm also not some whack-a-doodle who thinks we're being abducted and probed or that staring into a crystal ball will give me my future...I'm more of an open mined skeptic...if that makes sense. There is so much we don't know about the universe, so much that we simply don't understand about what certain energies can do, so many unexplained things that have happened...It would be very arrogant to think that we have all the answers or that just because we don't know means it can't happen. So I just believe in myself and am open to when the next big discovery will present itself. If dreams are more than just neurological impulses...great. If ghosts really are here and can communicate with us...awesome. If bigfoot decides one day to quit hiding and make friends with us humans....right on! LOL!!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I dreamed of my past cats too, and in one of these dreams I was with my beloved Lola, she was next to me, I would have liked to hold her tight, I asked her to stay, not to go away, but she replied (she could speak in my dream) that she couldn't stay, she had to, she couldn't stay with me anymore.
I woke up very very sad 😢
Those are horrible, it's like losing them all over again. :( But, if she kept saying she couldn't stay *with you* anymore, it means she had places to go and people to see IMO. I tell mine, "I'll catch up with you later, I'll be home soon."

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The how's and why's of being able to predict or foresee the future is something that I have looked into before. How it pertains to dreams could be linked to the "beliefs" that some can predict when put in an induced trance state. Whether they are communicating with other beings or angels, or travelling telepathically to an alternate dimension or are simply able to expand their minds or get their brain activity wavelengths to get to the "sweet spot" to accept and see the information...again...How? It is possible? IDK.
This all sounds so "out there" but.....I've done it....I've foreseen things in my life. And it's not just dreams, I've had several instances where my "intuition" kicked in real intense, it's almost like things go all slow motion for just a second or just feel like a very intense sense of clarity...then a thought popped into my head and low and behold...it was true or it happened. Sometimes right away and sometimes not till a few days or weeks later.
I'm also not some whack-a-doodle who thinks we're being abducted and probed or that staring into a crystal ball will give me my future...I'm more of an open mined skeptic...if that makes sense. There is so much we don't know about the universe, so much that we simply don't understand about what certain energies can do, so many unexplained things that have happened...It would be very arrogant to think that we have all the answers or that just because we don't know means it can't happen. So I just believe in myself and am open to when the next big discovery will present itself. If dreams are more than just neurological impulses...great. If ghosts really are here and can communicate with us...awesome. If bigfoot decides one day to quit hiding and make friends with us humans....right on! LOL!!
I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like some dreams I have are just funny nonsense, but some of them are so vivid, so detailed, I believe there's something to them...