Dreams that change a life

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dreamed of my past cats too, and in one of these dreams I was with my beloved Lola, she was next to me, I would have liked to hold her tight, I asked her to stay, not to go away, but she replied (she could speak in my dream) that she couldn't stay, she had to leave me, she couldn't stay with me anymore.
I woke up very very sad 😢
Perhaps the whole idea of "unfinished business" has some truth to it as well. But not necessarily just from the spirits' perspective. Almost like whatever the energy is after a passing, if there is a strong enough connection to the loved one, and some openness to accept a message, they will ensure that you as well don't have any "unfinished business" that would impede your being able to move on. Perhaps dreaming of loved ones is one the easier ways for our loved ones to communicate with us because in a dreamlike state, our consciousness is gone which allows us to better accept things outside of what we are boxed into believing.
You may have woken up sad because you miss her, but perhaps you needed her to come to you so that you would know that she is well and that you no longer need to feel like you missed something, or could have done anything different that would allow her to stay. You did your job, and did it well...it was just her time to move on.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a dream that made me change my life, but I've had recurring dreams that changed over time because my life changed. One of my frequent dreams is that the parakeets I had as a kid are near death or dead in their cage because I neglected them. I had those dreams all the time when I was depressed. The dreams started changing when I was getting better where they were alive and I was taking care of them.

I've also had dreams that prompted me to adopt an animal. I bought my house in March 2020, a couple of days before everything shut down because of the pandemic. It wasn't long before I started dreaming about adopting a kitten. I said for years that I would never have more than 2 cats and I would never adopt a kitten. Well, the dreams kept happening and I ended up adopting Flora. Best decision ever. I had similar dreams when I was fostering my second dog, Roo. I was really debating whether to adopt him but before Christmas last year, I decided to not adopt him. Then the dreams started happening where he was my dog and I realized I couldn't give him up. So yes, he is my dog now.

Lastly, I thoroughly believe that when loved ones have died, they will visit you in your dreams. When my late cat, Willie, died in 2017, I waited and waited and waited for her to visit me and it took nearly a month before she came back to visit me. The dream was very vivid too. She was sleeping on my chest and purring like she always did. It felt so real that I swear it was like she was actually in the room and I could really hear her and feel her weight on my chest. I felt sad but also happy when I woke up. I missed her so much, but her visiting me in my dream was just a little reminder that she's still with me.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
yes that dream is still by my side to this day ofcourse i am the one adding the bumps and potholes into it with my health issues or just plain stress from my character defects
It's hard to remember sometimes that it's all a journey, not necessarily a destination. :hugs: