Dreams And/or Songs Of The Deceased

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A week after we lost our last dearest kitty, in 2014, my husband heard this song on the radio (we like to listen to "Oldies"). He was on his way to work but he started tearing up, the grief coming to the surface. He sent me the link (I was at home). I ended up bawling too.
:rbheart:

This one is also tear-inducing:bawling:

(Great thread, by the way. :grouphug: )

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to sing to all of my girls. Mostly old tunes like "Pretty Baby". I sang to them as I had to let each one go in their time. The day I let my Lucy go, I think I remember singing Pretty Baby, Always and the I Love Lucy song. It's been just over a year since I lost my Lucy, my companion for nearly 20 years...so as of right now, I still find it difficult to find comfort. If I happen to hear Always on the old music station, it still takes me back to that sad last day...

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Looking Through the Eyes of Love" Used to sing different words to the melody to my cat, Missy. She loved it when I sang to her.
"Fly Me to the Moon". Did the same thing with this song for Beamer. They loved their melodies.

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
After picking up her ashes, I put the little pot on the living room unit. I was very emotional and fell asleep crying on the sofa. I dreamt that she was sitting on the unit with her little paws holding the edge, looking at me purring and doing a ‘cats kiss’ (slow blink) at me repeatedly. It was a dream, but it felt so real? and I took that as being her goodbye.
We have had a few other things happen, which I like to believe are signs from her.

As for songs, Beautiful by Snoop Dogg as I always used to sing “Beautiful, I just want you to know you're my favourite girl!”.. I sang it to her a week before she passed and will hold that memory close to my heart.

Ive always loved Somewhere over the Rainbow by Eva Cassidy, I listened to it on my Alexa since my cat passed and this song called Songbird came on afterwards. This is my song for my little angel cat! Mainly because of this part:

“And the songbirds keep singing
Like they know the score
And I love you I love you I love you
Like never before Like never before”

(because ive never sat for so long and listened to the world go by/birds singing and I always knew I loved her deeply, but not how strong that love went until the day she died