Contest Draw Your Cat To Win Beautiful Jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry - Lelia
Medium - colored pencil on cheap school paper
20180319_152620_Burst01.jpg

I traced it off this picture to get the shape right.
20180126_180510.jpg

Not sure it's really that much better than my not an entry from earlier in the thread, but it was fun to do.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't currently sell anywhere beyond a little art gallery/shop place in my tiny Yorkshire market town. I'm hoping my health will get stable enough for me to start online selling at some point though :crossfingers:
I don't think I'll be back home in time to whip up a charcoal drawing which is the medium I prefer. However, I just wanted to tell you how wonderfully brilliant the bracelets are and I would definitely buy one in the future if you start selling them on-line. :thumbsup:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Come on guys - just a few days left to enter :hyper: I'm loving all the artwork I'm seeing here, and I'm in awe of you all :worship: I can't draw to save my life!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't going to enter this contest but today I thought I'd give it a go!

There were several problems, however:
- I'm not an artist & only have an inkling of what I should be doing,
- DH did not feel like babysitting Milly while I was trying to do this,
- Milly gets very wild and pokes her nose and paws into everything whenever I try to do some kind of project - it never fails that she gets her pawprints all over anything I work on, and traipses all over the house tracking said pawprints. Today was no exception, and so I was unable to finish, *throw up hands*

About 3- 1/2 years ago after my last cat passed away, I thought I'd try to "do some art", though I really have no experience or any real clue. I bought some water soluble oil pastels and some pastel paper, and some books... but I never got around to messing with the pastels. I think I was still grieving for my cat and would much rather have written in my journal at the time.

Anyway, I thought I'd dig the pastels out today (the box was dusty!), and try to go for it, cold turkey.

Milly had to get her pawprints across the wet paper as it was drying, of course. :rolleyes3:
(Her paws were hot pink for a few minutes, but they cleaned up easily.)

SUBMISSION - water soluble pastels, using fingers and brushes and water, on Canson pastel paper

Milly-24MAR2018-b-1632x1224.jpg

The reference photo:

Milly-6DEC2016.jpg

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:paperbag: Milly looks MUCH better in the photo. :bigeyes:

But that is nice of you to say so, Columbine.:bluedragonfly:

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's really nice PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws Love that hot pink and the little paw prints really make it special.
:paperbag: Thanks, Norachan Norachan , but I think Mildred Rose will never forgive me for giving her an ear that looks like it belongs to a misplaced Martian visiting Titan! It's obvious I'm a beginner. But that's okay. Beginnings are a part of living!
:lovecat2:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a really fun thread. I wouldn't normally put my messy less accomplished sketch up for the world to see, but bribe me with a chance to win a pretty bracelet and I'm searching for the art supplies. It would be fun to have a thread to continue doing this on a regular basis and see how we improve.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is going to be a super hard vote, I can see that.

Two more days for submissions!

Status
Not open for further replies.