Contest Draw Your Cat To Win Beautiful Jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
submission

heres my elfie! (done in watercolour)

let's insert a picture of her royal highness for reference

haha, I want to do a better painting one day because this one is very sketchy and was done fairly quick. but yeah, maybe one day! what a fun thread by the way! love seeing what people do!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Loving that we have some drawings and paintings now. :cheerleader::clap::bunnydance:

Feel free to exclude this from competition entries as it bares a striking resemblance to a drawing I entered in a previous competition, however, in the spirit of the site and encouraging everyone to have a go - this is a recent drawing I did as a wedding gift to my niece and her new husband. I couldn't think what to give them but then had the idea of a cat picture because they're not really cat people but I naturally believe that a house is not a home unless there is at least one cat in there. :D

P1100255.JPG

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I do actually have pencil sketches that I have done of my cats - I'm not the best artist ever, but will see if I can take photos of some of the sketches in my notebook (they are on writing paper with lines, I hope that is ok! Like I said, I am not a serious artist)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More :hyper: More :hyper: More :hyper: I love this. Anything goes too, that's the magical thing about drawing and painting / art - everyone can have their own style and one this is for sure here on TCS: if it's a picture of your cat everyone is going to love it. :thumbsup:
:yeah: I'm loving seeing all the entries so far. Keep them coming guys :clap:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Oh I do actually have pencil sketches that I have done of my cats - I'm not the best artist ever, but will see if I can take photos of some of the sketches in my notebook (they are on writing paper with lines, I hope that is ok! Like I said, I am not a serious artist)
Hope you post em-come on folks-there's no right or wrong way in art-it's how YOU interpret it and draw your emotions.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
submission

heres my elfie! (done in watercolour)

let's insert a picture of her royal highness for reference

haha, I want to do a better painting one day because this one is very sketchy and was done fairly quick. but yeah, maybe one day! what a fun thread by the way! love seeing what people do!
That's a mighty fine painting!! It looks great!! Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I love seeing everyone’s work! You guys are all such talented artists!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok not an entry=this one is Katniss from Facebook back in 2014/2015? It's sent to the veterinarian who tried his best to save Katniss. Unfortunately they took down Katniss's facebook page but I saved all the photos.

katniss.jpeg
angelkatniss2.jpg

It broke my heart when sweet Katniss passed away-the vet took her home and tried his damnest to keep her alive, surgery to remove the parts that were too far gone but she was just too tired to continue. I still have wet eyes when I gaze in her eyes...I haven't had the urge to draw since-I know I have to get back into the saddle...once the overtime dries up I will have a safe place to focus and try to draw again...This when when I started getting involved in the court/laws in regards to Abuse to animals. Anyways I hope I can do some more of Katniss-I have several ideas... come on folks let's see your art.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I take my niece every month to a kids painting class and one of our earlier ones was a cat batting at a butterfly. I, of course, decided to do mine off Rocket. You can tell I didn't inherit the family art genes but I had a lot of fun making it. For reference, my Mom has won art shows and our home is filled with paintings, woodworking, leather working and pottery from the last three generations of my family.

SUBMISSION - Rocket

15094411_10154070875446453_3953432287616001673_n.jpg

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your drawings are so nice, I can only dream...
upload_2018-3-16_0-39-20.png

I saw a tutorial on YT and then I did attempt to draw something inspired from that, got today A5 sized tablet which cost only 10 euros as it is used, so naturally had to test it.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh I entered one earlier-that one is of Honeybee...

I have another of pumpkin face too... this was in 2013- It was on a cheap piece of paper-just a random drawing I was doing....

View attachment 223079
Oh, sorry, my lack of observation. Anyway, I have to say again that I don't know how it's done. Mine are one dimensional line drawings and not good at that, no depth, nothing. My mum can paint but she hasn't passed it on to me.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, sorry, my lack of observation. Anyway, I have to say again that I don't know how it's done. Mine are one dimensional line drawings and not good at that, no depth, nothing. My mum can paint but she hasn't passed it on to me.

Nonsense! You will have at least 2 dimensions and I bet your drawing will be a lot better than you think.

Remember, failing is opportunity to become better, never stop before trying, so let's see what you can do! :)

My drawing is horrible too, trick is to bit by bit to improve it and I do love Clip Studio paint as after sketch I can draw it in vector and fine tune all lines much better than what I ever could dream of accomplishing by drawing by hand.

With just paper I wear more erasers than pencil lead, digital is not much different now that I have A5 sized tablet instead of A6 size I had before, bought old used A5 model and it is really a lot better size for drawing.
I draw same way with paper too that you see my painfully slow drawing here, it is just to show how little by little you can improve your initial drawing, same works with paper, it just is easier for me to show with digital way.

With enough practice, I guess hand learns to draw more accurately and faster, but it just is slow for me as I have not enough practice.

Many videos about drawing shows how people just quickly draw three lines and they have some incredible drawing on paper, that does not work so for me at least, it is painfully slow refining of each line so that I most of the time forget what I was about to draw before I get one small thing that might roughly resemble what I wanted to draw on paper, but with more practice I guess it will get better.

Just don't stop before starting, I would be a LOT better if I would of just started and kept drawing 30 years ago when I already had interest for that, but I thought I can't that it requires special talent, it is more of practice, for some it takes more practice than for others, but it is incredible how much one can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.