Feedback Drafts

2Cats4everLoved

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DRAFTS!!!

I don't see a draft feature. Am I missing it or is it a hidden feature somewhere. lol sorry for all the questions.

I actually thought that was a great feature, especially in times of needing to step away from the computer.

Please know my questions are based on my using TCS via Laptop.

Thanks again.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The draft feature is still there. You get the options to save or delete a draft when you click on the "disk" icon in the bar above the reply box.
draft dropdown.jpg

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. I don't know what half the icons are anyhow. That's a new language developed after my language learning skills died. Now I know what a "disc" icon is. If there was an icons dictionary developed for those of us who are over 70 and/or don't use a smart phone, I would greatly appreciate it. It took me forever on the old site to learn that what looked like a cinder block to me was actually a "film strip" and was used to embed videos!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If there was an icons dictionary developed for those of us who are over 70 and/or don't use a smart phone, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'll be happy to create a tutorial about the editor here. Adding it to my to-do list.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm finding that the "delete draft" feature isn't working. When I press it, my draft remains in place. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Sorry to add to the list of bugs.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Is that for new post in an existing thread or a new thread altogether?

(And no worries, we appreciate the reports!)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I wasn't sure if I should post as its own thread since someone else had already posted on "drafts." When an issue is marked "resolved" does that mean we should start new threads?

SJSupport

I am that tech you're looking for
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it's okay to post in the same thread. If necessary, we'll change the prefix it's tagged with. It's better to keep all the information concentrated than to have multiple threads on the same thing as much as possible. It makes searching for info much easier. We'll still see it!

SJSupport

Young Cat
Purraise
What I'm seeing is that if I type a response, save the draft, leave and then come back, the draft is still there as expected. If I type, save the draft, and then hit the delete draft dropdown option, it doesn't look like it's deleted, but if I navigate away and then return, it doesn't show up again. This is when I'm replying to an existing thread.

Is this the behavior you're seeing?

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Yes. Up until seeing your post, I didn't realize that the "deleted" message would be gone when I came back to it. Shouldn't there be a way to delete a message we're writing so that we can start over? It's not a big deal in the great scheme of things but I'm not sure I've ever known a forum where you couldn't hit cancel or delete and clear the message box.

SJSupport

Young Cat
Purraise
Just ctrl-A select it and delete it or backspace over the specific text that needs removing. The not-so-immediate deletion of a draft isn't incredibly intuitive the way it's presented, but I don't think it's a bug. I'll ask, though.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you click on "Delete Draft", a very faint, lightly-shaded gray pop-up box appears in the lower right of your message box. It then fades out after a few seconds. At first I found this box hard-to-see... till I finally noticed it and thereafter watched for it. But I am wondering if perhaps coding could be changed to make the border of this pop-up box maybe the same color as the brick red used as the background for some of the other main button links? This brick red color is easy-to-see, and if people see that pop-up box that says your Draft is deleted, that might help a lot.

(After I delete a draft, I refresh the page, and the message text does disappear.)

Another note: I think on the other platform, a member could disable the use of drafts? (Am I remembering right?) Because I think I had done so, and hence, never had to deal with the draft stuff. Is this an option for the new platform?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Another note: I think on the other platform, a member could disable the use of drafts? (Am I remembering right?) Because I think I had done so, and hence, never had to deal with the draft stuff. Is this an option for the new platform?
Good question, I remember that drafts was enabled and disabled for only a select few. Currently, this platform does not allow per-user preference to disable the use of drafts.