Draco's Reef Garden

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
75 gallons of reef beauty!
it has a 30 gallon sump in the stand which holds all equipment and a refugium. Filteration relies on the rocks, flow and macro algae. I do not use any chemical filteration.

My fish: While probably slightly overstocked, are all doing great, water parameters are perfect.
Ocellaris Clownfish (turning 4 years old! She was in my nano tank before I upgraded)
Black Snowflake Clown
Flame Hawkfish
Squaretail Bristletooth Tang
Hoevan's Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Red-Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
Magificent Foxface
Starry Blenny
(3) Zebra Barred Darfish

Inverts:
Orange Seastar
Banded Coral Shrimp
Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
Emerald Crab (turning 4 years old)
Rock Boring Urchin (also 4 years old!)
Fancy Tiger Brittle Star
(5) Rose-Tip Bubble Anenome
Long Tentical Anenome
Derosa Clam

And of course a bunch of assorted corals!

My tank turns 1 year old this month, and I wanted to share some photos and videos.

First up- video of entire tank

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
a video of my Orange Sea Star moving across the glass.. So mesmerizing to watch those legs move..

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow that is so pretty. I think it is so relaxing to watch an aquarium.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW. I would love to have a saltwater tank. I had a gorgeous planted freshwater tank a few years ago. I used to work a fish specialty store; I was being trained on the saltwater side when I ended up quitting due to a move.

Blennies & gobies are my favorites, but I love a good foxface, and clown fish are so fun to watch!! My store had a resident mandarinfish that I was obsessed with.

Your corals and anemones are beauuuutiful!! Congratulations on the one-year mark!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! If i ever get a part time job, it'd be an an aquarium store too!

I am an aquaholic for sure. I also have a 9 gallon freshwater tank which has a pair of dwarf pea puffers and 2 oto cats.
and a 2.7 gallon reef at work.
and a 2 gallon betta tank, but no betta (it died recently). but I am raising pond snails in it for the puffers.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's awesome.

I really want a nano tank, heavily planted, with a little school of celestial pearl/galaxy danios (my secret favorite). I used to keep them and different species of killifish; they're what really got me into it.

I upgraded from a 5g plastic tank from PetSmart to a 20g L with two filters, an amazing 3-D, customized background, and a heater for 25$ off CraigsList. I changed the gravel for sand, got a T8 light, and threw in a ton of plants. I was successfully raising all kinds of stuff (would raise and then sell back to the store), but my faves were Vietnamese freshwater blennies. At the time, I think I was one of a handful of people keeping them in the US. They lived for about 3 years. The tank ended up going under when I failed to catch what I guess was a sick fish...took him out of quarantine, thought he was fine, and the next thing I know my entire tank goes under. 5 years of work for nothing. Sigh.

At the end I had peacock gudgeons, the blennies, a peacock eel, a handful of killis, threadfin rainbowfish, forktail rainbowfish, an extremely angry scarlet badis, an apistogramma sp., and a few others that I can't remember. I was also a little overstocked, but my parameters were always great, and the plants really helped.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I love rainbowfish and Killi's. So beautiful! I've had freshwater growing up and decided on Saltwater after my first snorkeling excursion years ago, fell in love with what I saw, lol. Started with a 10 gal salt, broke it down when I moved and used the 9 gal tank as a nano reef then upgraded from there when I moved to my condo

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That's beautiful! Looks like something you'd see at a big aquarium. Do your cats like watching the fish?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
thank you :)

my cats don't pay any mind to the fish at all. One of them does drink from the betta tank, lol

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, wow, and wow! Stunning. I love marine aquariums. I used to keep tropical fish, and they were enough work! That looks like a full time job.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, wow, and wow! Stunning. I love marine aquariums. I used to keep tropical fish, and they were enough work! That looks like a full time job.
thanks!
It really isn't difficult to keep up with, pretty easy once the tank is established.

I should post some updated photos.. this is old now, lol

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thou shall not pass, until hoomin takes photos of the tank. (coming soon).

Flame Hawkfish, 1 year and 8 months old.