Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice pics!!!  I just love the delicate textures.  And the "palm trees", lol!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Draco, can I ask what type of cellphone?....because those colours are crisp.

Just vibrant and relaxing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I have an iPhone 5. It actually takes better pictures than my Canon Powershot! I also have a NikonD5000 when I feel like taking better shots

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awesome! Can't believe those pictures were taken with a phone. Technology these days...

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Draco...I have to go back and read your thread from the beginning,  but how many years has this passion/hobby  been going  on?  I mean the fish....not the photography?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
This tank I had since September.

I've kept and bred Bettas for 3 years, several years ago.

Had a 20 gal planted freshwater tank with bamboo shrimps and many female Bettas for about 7 years- broke it down 2 years ago since I needed space

Had my first 10 gal salt water tank about 4 years- broke it down when I moved out of my parents house 6 years ago

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Could you hear my ooohs and aaaahs as I looked at those macro shots taken with your iPhone?!  It was around October I last dipped in to your reef and it was amazing then.  You have created an amazing little rock full of life.  It must be like gazing in to another world when you sit in a room with it - I think I'd probably zone out it would be so beautiful and relaxing with all those colours and gentle movements of the fish and other assorted beings.

Good luck moving everything when you find a new place.  Upsizing this tank will be quite a major task I imagine - even an ordinary cold water tank was hard enough for me.... 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so beautiful. You feel don't need fish if that's your intention and I don't know what frag means. :-(

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you both!

I do have fish- two clownfish and a Randall goby. So much fun!

Fragging is when you take a coral and cut it into smaller pieces to sell or trade

42cattier

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another forum is ReefCentral. I had saltwater thanks, including nanos and picos. Beautiful, but have them no more, too expensive and too much work, health issues.

Regular testing water for ammonia, phosphates and nitrates, with ammonia indicator permanently attached in the side glass. Salt water changes, with aeration before adding to the tank. Filter and bottom maintenance, powerful protein skimmers, additional water flow pumps, protected heathers, power backup in case of electricity interruption (was 3 days in winter, heated water of gas stove), ahhh... Additional high light, enough for photosynthetic corals to live (I see dead open brain coral on the right). Making sure that inhabitants are compatible, fighting urge to collect and grow frags...

When coraline starts to grow, then corals or algae could be added.

Best of luck with your tank!

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Zoas are easy to frag,get a razor blade and you can usually get off the top layer of rock under the polyps with that, if not just aim as low as you can and superglue the polyps to some rubble or frag plugs.  Although if you want them completely removed off a section you would probably have to cover whatever's left with epoxy or they will grow right back.  At least they are a pretty one for a fast grower.  Safest if done with eye protection and glasses though, zoa toxin bothers some people.  The tank looks really good, I love that grown in look.  Got some new frags in mine and rearranged everything so my tank looks like a turd, bunch of plugs and frags everywhere.