Dr. Murphy's Nature's Feast Cat Food?

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll continue hijacking the thread with the response I got from Meat Mates:
"We source our chicken meat directly from the carcass of the animal. This meat is dense in calcium and phosphorus given its close proximity to the carcass and this allows us to meet AAFCO guidelines naturally without the need to supplement. Rest assured the physical bones of the chicken carcass are separated from the meat during our extraction process and discarded, however please note some bone residue is included as part of this meat ingredient as a result of the part of the chicken we source from."

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll continue hijacking the thread with the response I got from Meat Mates:
"We source our chicken meat directly from the carcass of the animal. This meat is dense in calcium and phosphorus given its close proximity to the carcass and this allows us to meet AAFCO guidelines naturally without the need to supplement. Rest assured the physical bones of the chicken carcass are separated from the meat during our extraction process and discarded, however please note some bone residue is included as part of this meat ingredient as a result of the part of the chicken we source from."
I'm not sure I quite know how to parse this. (😱🙀!) That last part -- from "however" until the end -- sounds like obfuscation (or at least contradiction) to me, like they could be referring to necks or something, where there's just no separating bone from meat.

Paging L lisamarie12 -- does this make any sense to you?

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lisahe
I contacted Susan at TAPF more than a year ago re: my dissatisfaction with MM's response regarding the amount of bone in their food (same company as Feline Natural). In a nutshell, per AAFCO's guidelines, the company doesn't have to list "bone" in their ingredients, it's understood that in, e.g., "chicken", bone is included. It's the same reason why Vital Essentials removed "bone" from their ingredient list, more than a year ago.

That has to be very confusing for some who are looking for a balanced, yet boneless product.

I understand now why e.g., Weruva stresses that their meats are boneless.