Dr Gatsby Whisker Fatigue Bowls

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but had to look this bowl up. It seems like a good design and easy to clean. I use a oval ceramic bowl and that works fine but no acne issues with my girl.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, but had to look this bowl up. It seems like a good design and easy to clean. I use a oval ceramic bowl and that works fine but no acne issues with my girl.
I bought them and my cat has been finishing all his food at each meal. Before he did not eat what was crammed along the the sides in both wet and dry . I really like them.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I could put Willow’s food in a tall bucket and she would find a way to eat every crumb. Nothing keeps her away from her food.

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
They are the only bowls I feed Olive with. She started flipping her bowl upside down when we fed her wet food, we tried a few different bowls and we were cleaning up cat food and picking out carpet from her food.

This bowl is easy to clean, and it’s very nicely balanced so no flipping. Highly recommended.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I could put Willow’s food in a tall bucket and she would find a way to eat every crumb. Nothing keeps her away from her food.
Psycho has food issues so anything that makes eating easier I m grateful fir.

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are the only bowls I feed Olive with. She started flipping her bowl upside down when we fed her wet food, we tried a few different bowls and we were cleaning up cat food and picking out carpet from her food.

This bowl is easy to clean, and it’s very nicely balanced so no flipping. Highly recommended.
Yes I agree they are great! He would eat the food in the middle of the bowl and then the wet would get dried out and he would not eat it.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to google this as I've never heard of it. But I'd be willing to give it a try if only it wasn't like $20 for a bowl though

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to google this as I've never heard of it. But I'd be willing to give it a try if only it wasn't like $20 for a bowl though
I just bought 4 .Crazy I guess but he really seems to be leaving less food behind and finishing more.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they are really expensive but it’s better than picking up flipped wet cat food. I ended up buying three.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought two of them and noticed some rust on one of them. Returned them both, got soup/stew dishes from BBB. Same size, same surface, but 1/4th the cost of steel and these are ceramic, I can use them to heat food.
I dont usually heat up food, but I prefer these wide, white ceramic soup bowls over the dr gatsby bowls. No whisker fatigue with these bowls.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like wet food would get pushed over the edge easily?

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It seems like wet food would get pushed over the edge easily?
Yes with the gatsby bowls that would happen. Most importantly it wouldnt be able to hold the wet treats I gave my cat.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes with the gatsby bowls that would happen. Most importantly it wouldnt be able to hold the wet treats I gave my cat.
Honestly like your idea better. I think this is too expensive for a fancy version of a regular bowl.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Both cats end up pushing the wet food out of their bowls as they eat it. Idk if the bowls are too small or i give them too much food or if they are just messy eaters

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Both cats end up pushing the wet food out of their bowls as they eat it. Idk if the bowls are too small or i give them too much food or if they are just messy eaters
I find that for wet food the bowls have to have edges that are high enough so the food doesn’t get pushed out. I don’t think the size really matters.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly like your idea better. I think this is too expensive for a fancy version of a regular bowl.
It was too precarious to put a stew or wet treats on the gatsby dishes. Both me and my cat would end up spilling some of it, and it wouldnt even hold much.
I spent $40 for two bowls that I can't use for wet treats, only wet food and dry food. Didn't seem like a good financial decision.

This is what I end up getting : Nevaeh White® by Fitz and Floyd® All Purpose Bowl from BBB.
Not too deep, not too shallow, same diameter as the gatsby bowls, cleans quickly, no stains, no odors. Using them for month than a month, seems like a better deal.
10481316136565p.jpg

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
We don’t have much issues with the wet food we feed going over the edges. Maybe it’s because my cat is a piggy. I usually give her about a third to half of a 5 oz can, or 3oz can of a really wet food like Tiki Cat.

I think M MRG2018 ’s bowl looks great if your cat is not a bowl flipper. The high sides actually cause our issue, lol. It’s was either the Dr Catsby bowl for us or getting one of those bowl holders and hoping it worked.

socaffeinated

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the Gatsby bowl and like it so far. I find it really easy to clean and the rubber base it comes with prevents the bowl from slipping around. I give my cat about 2.5 ounces of wet food per meal and she usually manages to keep most of it in the bowl without pushing any out. However, she's my first cat and this is the first bowl I've used so not in a position to compare...