Dr. Elsey's Litter - Box or Bag?

SafariDoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For a long time, I purchased 20-pound BOXES of "Dr. Elsey's Paw Sensitive Litter" from PetSmart and Chewy online.

However recently, I noticed the Paw Sensitive litter is now being sold in 20-pound plastic bags (and not in 20-pound cardboard boxes).

The 20-pound plastic bags of litter seem to tear easily (causing the litter to spill out), and the floppy plastic bags are awkward to move around.

Did Dr. Elsey's stop making 20-pound boxes of Paw Sensitive litter?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the same situation as you. I use Dr Elsey's Blue Box litter. I was ordering it from Chewy.
Almost a year ago, Chewy said it was discontinued.

I was still able to find some at Petsmart, and Petco... Petco was a bit less expensive, but now I am not finding the boxes on their website..

The last I looked, on the Dr Elsey's website, it still had them listed! Do not know what is going on.

I am going out today or tomorrow to hunt down some litter. If I cannot find the Boxed litter, I am going to have to change brands, which I really hate to do.

I have to agree, the bags are really difficult to deal with---tearing, storage, handling, etc...

Good Luck! and Good luck to me...

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the same situation as you. I use Dr Elsey's Blue Box litter. I was ordering it from Chewy.
Almost a year ago, Chewy said it was discontinued.

I was still able to find some at Petsmart, and Petco... Petco was a bit less expensive, but now I am not finding the boxes on their website..

The last I looked, on the Dr Elsey's website, it still had them listed! Do not know what is going on.

I am going out today or tomorrow to hunt down some litter. If I cannot find the Boxed litter, I am going to have to change brands, which I really hate to do.

I have to agree, the bags are really difficult to deal with---tearing, storage, handling, etc...

Good Luck! and Good luck to me...
I did previously use Dr. Elsey's brand litter. In both boxes and plastic bag. I preferred the bag as I could get the 40# size. The box seemed to small. I like Dr. Elsey's but my younger boy loves to claw and bite plastic bags. I've switched to Tidy Cat Multi because "Jackpot's" teeth cannot penetrate the plastic jug.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I found the boxes today!! At both PetSmart and Petco.
I think I am going to be ordering them from one of these stores. Seems Chewy is just not stocking the boxes.