Dr. Elsey's Dry Food Shortage

BucDan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like they're out of the chicken version on Amazon and Chewy. They even have a pop-up notification on their website explaining why there was a shortage.

I can't catch a break.

Switched both of my cats off of Tiki Cat Chicken and Egg because they had diarrhea. As much as I wanted them to love it as it was store available.

Now I don't know if their current stash is going to last them. I regret not stocking up on their food. This is my biggest fear online only orders of food.

How do cats do with other flavors, from the same food manufacturer?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to get the small bag from Amazon recently because they were out of the 6.6 pound bag again. I was going to get the turkey from Chewy if the small bag was unavailable. If your cat likes the chicken. they may like the turkey. It's available at Chewy. I've never given them other flavors but another poultry flavor would likely work best. Chewy has a great return policy if they don't like it.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also bought a small bag from Amazon a couple weeks ago -- we only use a little of the chicken food (as treats, toppers, and small snacks) but the cats really love it.

As Kat0121 Kat0121 mentioned, another flavor/protein might work. The only thing is that the other foods have chickpeas in them; I won't feed them because of that.

Recipe changes, production problems, and other weird supply issues can make it hard to feed a consistent diet! I hope you're able to get food soon, B BucDan .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BucDan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the tip! I went ahead and ordered 1 of each 2lb bags from Chewy, turkey, duck, and rabbit.

Next time Amazon and Chewy have the chicken 6.6lb bag in stock, I'm buying a few months worth and just start cycling the food there.

It seems Dr. Elsey is extremely popular. If it goes out of stock like this again with production issues, I may have to switch them again for availability reasons. I hope not, their bathroom results have been much better!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I was just looking for the chicken myself. Dr. Elsey's website had a notice that it should be back in stock at Chewy and Amazon during the first week of August.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I saw Dr Elsey had new flavors of dry out I emailed and ask for samples They sent me several little bags but enough to see if your cat will like it Mine like the chicken best too over the salmon But they gobbled up all the new flavor samples I can’t feed Dr Elseys all the time but I do as much as I can Theor coats have more shine, no stinky poops and they just seem to feel better Wish it was just a tad less expensive

jr70895

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They're always running out of Chicken flavor kibble to the point that I need to find an alternate brand.

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been like this all year. What is helping they came out with new flavors Turkey, Duck and Rabbit. Mine likes the Turkey and Chicken. I added another food to the mix luckily she likes Tiki cat chicken/egg. I got lucky the Tiki stretches the Dr. Will need more Dr by end of August cross fingers.