Dr. Elsey Ultra Litter - Out-of-Stock Issue

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. Hope everyone is staying safe.

I've used Dr. Elsey for years and never had an issue ordering via Amazon, Chewy or PetFlow. With everything going on I decided to order a couple of bags only to find that all three are out of stock. Anyone else seeing this or have an online source based on a recent order?

TIA

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you try The Big Bad Woof? I don't know if PetSmart or Petco online carry it, and there's Only Natural Pet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you try The Big Bad Woof? I don't know if PetSmart or Petco online carry it, and there's Only Natural Pet.
They are outside my area but definitely will reach out to them. Thanks!

FWIW according to Amazon customer support I am told they project Dr. Elsey's being available again for April 21st delivery. That will probably be about when I run out so keeping my fingers crossed.

Stay safe, everyone. Lots of TLC time with our babies!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Petco and Petsmart had a lot of it in stock yesterday in the stores I was in.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched from dr elseys to a&h slide. When I first bought a&h years ago it stunk and tracked bad. Dr elseys is hard to scoop. Slide slides right out,no tracking or smell. The multi is out of stock but not the scented which I haven't used

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I switched from dr elseys to a&h slide. When I first bought a&h years ago it stunk and tracked bad. Dr elseys is hard to scoop. Slide slides right out,no tracking or smell. The multi is out of stock but not the scented which I haven't used
Hello Maggie -

Thanks for the info. I haven't heard of that one... will have to do some research.

I was able to get two bags of Dr. Elsey's from Chewy's after a week-long delay, so hopefully production is starting to catch up.

Thanks and everyone stay safe.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've used Dr. Elsey for years and never had an issue ordering via Amazon, Chewy or PetFlow. With everything going on I decided to order a couple of bags only to find that all three are out of stock. Anyone else seeing this or have an online source based on a recent order?

TIA
I have not checked yet. I bought a few bags over the last few weeks at petco, of worlds bets cat litter. I am scared to see if it there is none available. I am not going out at all now and will be ordering everything delivered or online. It took me two days to get a delivery spot for groceries and they won’t arrive for a week, no guarantee they will have everything. If there is no litter my plan is to train them to the cat genie or the toilet.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i saw that you bought already. But as a heads up, if you have a publix near you, i just noticed they carry that litter in 20 lb boxes. =)

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip, Terestrife. Unfortunately we don't have Publix by us (wish we did).

Good luck, Meowmee. We too are trying to only order online for delivery given what's going on.

In case it helps: It appear Amazon has gotten their inventory back up and delivery times seem back to somewhat normal (perhaps just a few days later). Further (again in case it helps) Halo canned food from Amazon has been delivered in the usual timely manner. Hope this helps!

Thanks all, and stay safe with your little furballs!

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the tip, Terestrife. Unfortunately we don't have Publix by us (wish we did).

Good luck, Meowmee. We too are trying to only order online for delivery given what's going on.

In case it helps: It appear Amazon has gotten their inventory back up and delivery times seem back to somewhat normal (perhaps just a few days later). Further (again in case it helps) Halo canned food from Amazon has been delivered in the usual timely manner. Hope this helps!

Thanks all, and stay safe with your little furballs!
Thanks 😊 I was able to order one big bag and set up a subscription for the litter. And order a different brand of dry food for my outdoor cats. I normally get kirkland at costco. I may have to order canned via amaxon aswell. I don’t know what I’m gonna do about Quinn and Merlin because their food depends on being able to get fresh chicken to cook it etc. I have set up a delivery of groceries but it took me two days to do that and I have no clue what I will get it, it’s taking a week for it to get to me! They were both stressed out and both vomited today, which was so upsetting. Quinn can eat fussy cat canned which I get from chewy and I can get that from Amazon also, I set up a subscription there too to have extra, but I don’t know if Merlin can tolerate that and if that will start his diarrhea up again

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what I’m gonna do about Quinn and Merlin because their food depends on being able to get fresh chicken to cook it etc. I have set up a delivery of groceries but it took me two days to do that and I have no clue what I will get it, it’s taking a week for it to get to me!
Meowmee -

I know... I worry about trying to keep my girls' diet and routines normal in this crazy time as well. We tried getting grocery delivery from Whole Foods and it does take a lot of effort and the delivery times are definitely extended.

Would you be able to get a large order of fresh chicken in and then have enough to freeze to last for an extended period of time? Just a thought.

Good luck and stay safe.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meowmee -

I know... I worry about trying to keep my girls' diet and routines normal in this crazy time as well. We tried getting grocery delivery from Whole Foods and it does take a lot of effort and the delivery times are definitely extended.

Would you be able to get a large order of fresh chicken in and then have enough to freeze to last for an extended period of time? Just a thought.

Good luck and stay safe.
I can’t get any delivery at all from wf, they are totally useless! I got delivery from bjs and shoprite, After 2 days of non stop checking. but who knows if there will be any chicken left by the time they do my order which takes a week! This is crazy and a disaster, the supposed richest country itw and the whole supply chains falls apart with no support for compromised people. I am just hoping I get the chicken this time and I will freeze some. Had we been warned about this I would have bought a freezer and stocked up. But how long will this go on for... it is going to get a lot worse. They expect me to come out to stores when I know they will just murder me in a hospital if I am very ill and there are no ventilators left.

In NY all supermarkets are closing early when they should hire more people and stay open later. And meat is limited to 2 packs. I usually cook 8-10 lbs and freeze some but it only lasts 2-3 weeks if that for my guys.

Last edited:

jcnassoc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Indeed... very trying times. Keep the faith, get through one day at a time, and definitely, definitely, definitely have as many lovefests as possible with the little fur-babies!

Good luck and keep the faith!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise

TIA
I put order in at chewy.com on the 1st of April for Dr.Elseys Precious Clumping Cat Litter and its saying now my order is processing...Which I knew orders were going to be late than normal...

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can’t get any delivery at all from wf, they are totally useless! I got delivery from bjs and shoprite, After 2 days of non stop checking. but who knows if there will be any chicken left by the time they do my order which takes a week! This is crazy and a disaster, the supposed richest country itw and the whole supply chains falls apart with no support for compromised people. I am just hoping I get the chicken this time and I will freeze some. Had we been warned about this I would have bought a freezer and stocked up. But how long will this go on for... it is going to get a lot worse. They expect me to come out to stores when I know they will just murder me in a hospital if I am very ill and there are no ventilators left.

In NY all supermarkets are closing early when they should hire more people and stay open later. And meat is limited to 2 packs. I usually cook 8-10 lbs and freeze some but it only lasts 2-3 weeks if that for my guys.
Supermarkets can’t stay open later because they need more time to stock the stores with so many shipments coming in as well as cleaning/sanitizing everything super thoroughly. Do any stores near you have special early shopping hours for people who are older or immunocompromised? Might be worth a check - most of the local grocery stores near me have 7-9 am reserved for people who are more vulnerable to do their shopping, and they let fewer people into the store at once during those hours.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supermarkets can’t stay open later because they need more time to stock the stores with so many shipments coming in as well as cleaning/sanitizing everything super thoroughly. Do any stores near you have special early shopping hours for people who are older or immunocompromised? Might be worth a check - most of the local grocery stores near me have 7-9 am reserved for people who are more vulnerable to do their shopping, and they let fewer people into the store at once during those hours.
If they hire more people who are now out of work, Yes they can do all of that and stay open later so that there are less people at a time in the store which is what they should be doing. They claim they are doing deep cleaning but who knows. The stocking has to do with the supply chain breaking down, which happened in two weeks, unbelievable! Some have one hour for over 65 only, but most do not acknowledge that a lot of others are compromised as well. But what happens I was told is everyone goes there to wait on line before that hour and then store is packed right after, so they are not doing physical distancing, what they are doing is dangerous and It is going to spread the virus even more.

Anyway I will not be going anywhere for a few months because I am not going to risk my life and no, they are definitely not cleaning properly either I am sure. One of the stores I shopped at frequently was continually filthy and I complained a few times with 0 response. When they renovated it I went back because it improved but the cleaning was still not that great which is true of most the stores near me.

Last edited: