Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Double Registration

Discussion in 'Showing and Ethical Breeding' started by supernaturalsphynx, Nov 30, 2018.

1. supernaturalsphynx

supernaturalsphynx Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Nov 29, 2018
    I had a question about registration. I purchased two kittens that are TICA registered but I was looking into also getting them CFA registered so I could show them in multiple shows. I was just curious if anyone had one registered TICA and eventually also registered them CFA and if this process was difficult or possible. From my understanding you can register CFA if I have proof of pedigree for six generations (which my breeder said she would provide). We don't have many TICA shows around me but the CFA shows tend to be much more common so I was just hoping to be able to show the kittens eventually. Thank you for your help.

2. lutece

lutece TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    supernaturalsphynx and di and bob purraised this.

3. GoldyCat

GoldyCat Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Jul 31, 2008
    Arizona
    What breed are your kittens? There are some breeds that are accepted in TICA that are not accepted in CFA.

supernaturalsphynx purraised this.

4. supernaturalsphynx

Nov 29, 2018
    They are Sphynx kittens. :) they should be registerable as far as I am aware.

di and bob purraised this.

5. lutece

lutece TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 8, 2018
    Yes, Sphynx can be registered as long as they satisfy the rules in the link I posted :)

6. posiepurrs

posiepurrs TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    Western Massachusetts, USA
    If the Sphynx only has a 3 generation requirement they are lucky! Persians is 8 generations, I believe.

7. di and bob

di and bob TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 12, 2012
    Nebraska, USA
    Are they in your picture there? Absolutely adorable! my cats are so cold all the time, sleeping in their heated beds a lot, how on earth do you keep kittens warm!!?? I love their huge looking ears!

8. British Girls

British Girls TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 2, 2018
    KUWAIT CITY, KUWAIT
    Yes, you can register them with CFA. All you need is a 3 generation pedigree certificate. ;) Though I believe your registration with TICA will be cancelled....Your kittens are adorable :) :loveeyes:

9. posiepurrs

posiepurrs TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    Western Massachusetts, USA
    No it will not be cancelled. A couple of my cats are double registered.

10. supernaturalsphynx

Nov 29, 2018
    Yes they are the kittens in my picture. They will be here in January. The wait for them to arrive is rough, but I know it's best they stay with their mama's.

11. British Girls

British Girls TCS Member Young Cat

Oct 2, 2018
    KUWAIT CITY, KUWAIT
    supernaturalsphynx you are making the right decision by leaving them with their mama:clap: They are adorable! Send us some photos once they arrive

12. supernaturalsphynx

Nov 29, 2018
    I planned this intentionally. We tend to travel a bit for Christmas so I didn't want to bring them home (after they are first really spending any significant time together, they are unrelated) and then have to find a sitter for them. It would be easier for everyone for them to come home after they are 16 weeks old and we don't have the crazy christmas hype going on.

13. katocats

katocats TCS Member Adult Cat

Mar 22, 2013
    Scotland
    We registered our two Mau's with no problems, your kittens are lovely my sister in law used to breed sphynx cats.