Don’t know what to do - injured cat in drainage pipe

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He has been trapped. The lady that has been feeding him set up the trap and she got him. He has an appointment at the Feral Cat Colation in the morning
That's good to hear.
Just got off the phone with the lady that trapped him. He is missing a back foot. So, not going to FCC in the morning. I will take him to work.
Oh dear, no wonder he's hiding. Hope the wound is not to bad and treatment can be done ASAP and hope the leg heals well
Sending vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So the kitten is safe and secure at my work I got her out of the trap. She set up in a cage in the isolation ward of course has a cardboard box to hide in and she/he has ate twice now. I will check him/her tomorrow.

there is no wound. Just missing limb from the hock down. Looks like fur has grown over the stump. This kitty will have to be an inside cat provided she/he checks out ok. Wanted to give the kitten at least 24 hours to decompress before messing with him/ her.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
So the kitten is safe and secure at my work I got her out of the trap. She set up in a cage in the isolation ward of course has a cardboard box to hide in and she/he has ate twice now. I will check him/her tomorrow.

there is no wound. Just missing limb from the hock down. Looks like fur has grown over the stump. This kitty will have to be an inside cat provided she/he checks out ok. Wanted to give the kitten at least 24 hours to decompress before messing with him/ her.
Thank you.

Please keep us updated.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She/He is probably 3 to 4 months. It’s hard to tell how she/he will tame. The good thing is she/he is a freeze instead of fight or flight. Only time will tell. But I know I can’t release her/him back out.

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw, she/he must be scared.. to be lame and homeless. poor thing ! Bless you for going the extra mile for this kitty !!! restores faith in humanity !! we dont know how kitty lost the foot .. born lame or trauma, but if it was from trauma .. it must be all the more frightened. I trust the Lord will bring the kitty to a great home... she/he is making progress already...wonderful !!! :angel3::angel:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Aw, the little sweet heart! She looks fairly calm for a feral kitten that hasn't been inside for long. How are things going with her?

Yes, I can see she's missing a back foot. It looks like it's healed up pretty well. I wonder if she was born without a foot or lost it when she was tiny? I guess asking a vet to x-ray it is the only way to know for sure

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Did you see the missing leg? Have no idea what happened to her.
It could be that her leg got caught in between something that broke the bones and she got free after some time. Thank fully, she did not bleed to death and looks like it healed quite well.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Vet thinks a wire maybe. I talked to the lady that trapped her today. She wants to keep him/ her. She feels it was meant to be and can’t stop thinking about her. I think it’s a good plan. I will keep her at the hospital until she is clear of the coccidia then take her back to the lady. I told her I will get her spayed or neutered when old enough and also test for FIV/FELV and vaccinate.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is such a precious kitten! I am so very grateful to you both! This kitty deserves something good for a change and has finally gotten it! I wish everyone would do what you both have done. You know, you two make a great team! I was thinking about your first posts about everything you have experienced. Perhaps this kitty brought you together for a reason too!